Christian Benteke

Kwan

They're not treating us like mugs. It's all twitter bollocks.

Staggered payments are standard. It makes absolutely no difference, if we need to pay upfront for somebody we will do so knowing that money is coming in. Liverpool aren't going bust.

Twatters on twitter making a big deal of a moot point?  Trying to save face...like they're getting one over on us.

On the staggered payments, it does seem common place with all bonuses and add-ons and what not.

I also think, for villa, it doesn't make that much difference? In business once you invoice for something, presumably the full amount, then you account it all in that period? I think that's how it works when I fill in my invoices online anyway.

So if I'm right, in terms of FFP, we have the full amount on our books that we could spend right away. And Liverpool couldn't get out of paying it in a month of sundays, so not a lot to lose.

Yup, makes no difference really.

Glad if we get £32.5m to spend but disappointed for Tekkers if he's only going to Liverpool.

Surely he can do far better than that?

Evidently not, otherwise other teams would be in for him. :P

• Like 2

Glad if we get £32.5m to spend but disappointed for Tekkers if he's only going to Liverpool.

I agree he is selling himself short here.

Not our concern anymore though.

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

only realy option for him to better himself.im sure if they had insisted to Villa at the time of a 25 Mill buy out clause and not 32.5 there would of been a few more in for him

No idea why he'd be so keen to join Liverpool. The fans clearly don't want him there and they've got more strikers than they know what to do with. I hope for his sake that Roma or Utd now play their hand. I'm resigned to him leaving but would nice for the move to be a step up!

• Like 1

Four words I'd like to see in newspapers a year from now:

Liverpool flop Christian Benteke

I'm probably a mean-spirited, small-minded shit, and I don't care.

With you on this

actualy hope someone takes Coutinho off them now

im gonna dismantle there team on Fifa the scum bags

Evidently not, otherwise other teams would be in for him. :P

That's how I read it, none of the top teams showing interest.

We all love him at the villa, and there is no doubt that we'll be ever grateful for keeping our club in the premier league.  I just think other teams can see that we only get the best out of him when we gear up to use him as a target man, which would stifle play at some other clubs I think.

Losing him now is a massive gamble, one with high risk and high reward.  If we use the money well we can improve the team overall, if we don't improve the team and we haven't got our plan B in benteke to save us then we're ****.

I'm confident in the gamble though :)

It's entirely your prerogative, but I say you don't need to be bitter...plenty of positives in this.

The way I see it, and I hate liverpool as much as the rest, is we have the only club willing to stump up the cash.  Tim has cited that we need to sell to spend, and getting this windfall gives us the much needed room to invest in a decent team.

Benteke has done alright by us, I have no hard feelings towards him.  Reality is, without what he's done for us up to now we could be much worse off financially...and now he's giving us a good base to build on from, to move up with the fee he's getting us.

I'd prefer "Real buy United's Benteke".
  • Like 1

I just can't for the life of me understand why Arsenal aren't in for him, he would transform them he really would.

Wenger......

Yep, it's because Wenger is a miserly old word removed who acts like it's his own money he's spending. He was sort of hinting the other day that he might not buy anyone.

When he is no longer our player, it will not matter to me where he goes, or what happens with his career.

As with Barry, Young, Milner, Cahill, I will follow their career with mild interest. Apart from that - not bothered.

I see twatter saying dippers want to pay staggered payments while Villa want cash up front. Now then, before anyone calls them typical scouse t**ts etc the truth is that what they want to do it is standard practice in deals. Clubs generally pay a lump sum and the rest over the period of the players contract. This suggests to me that Man City are doing just that with the Sterling deal otherwise dippers would have the cash as it hasn't officially been said what City have paid. I know, I've looked on their site which only states his is a record fee for a teenager yet no mention of the fee. So for me its undisclosed, ie lump sum and the rest over the players contract.

Villa are playing hardball want hard cash as we know the dippers don't have that hard cash as City haven't paid with hard cash.

United though may be a different kettle of fish.

I see us doing exactly what dippers themselves did with Barca over Suarez and Spurs did with Bale, cash up front of eff off.

Â