Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

8 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Maybe worth putting a little bit of context to this.

My own view is he's just not good enough, not that he hasn't or doesn't try hard but he just isn't good enough - it's not his 'fault' we signed him.

I think the whole 'Champions League' thing got taken out of context too and people have just run with it.

If he goes, thanks for trying, thanks for not kicking up a fuss when you weren't in the team, thanks for sticking around last season when so many others gladly jumped ship, thanks for trying.

Good luck for wherever you end up.

That's basically where I am with him too.

11 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

My own view is he's just not good enough, not that he hasn't or doesn't try hard but he just isn't good enough - it's not his 'fault' we signed him.

I think the whole 'Champions League' thing got taken out of context too and people have just run with it.

If he goes, thanks for trying, thanks for not kicking up a fuss when you weren't in the team, thanks for sticking around last season when so many others gladly jumped ship, thanks for trying.

Exactly my thoughts, the way we villainize our own players is borderline ridiculous sometimes (although Lescott definitely deserved it).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

Exactly my thoughts, the way we villainize our own players is borderline ridiculous sometimes (although Lescott definitely deserved it).

It's because most football fans are ****' thick man. 

He had a go, his quality isn't where we need(ed) it to be.

He was probably worth what we paid for him - who knew? 

3 hours ago, omariqy said:

With these two I think we will be under the FFP limit. Still means we wont be signing any players on a permanent basis.

We have to be more creative with what we have.  Utilise our academy, and possibly sign another big prospect or two on loan.

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Absolutely this.

Thanks for sticking around? I think that had more to do with lack of interest or matching his wages than us pleading with him to stay. 

His performances for us have been so poor and then last year we had him 'bumping' the lino and arguing with his teammate because he wasn't allowed to take a free kick. Then we have the well timed champions league comments, which weren't horrendous but just another example of why fans were sick of him. 

I don't mind players that weren't good enough at times, the likes of Weimman, Luna, Gardner etc.. but Bacuna is not up there for me. 

I'm glad to see the back of him and I'm glad Lambert's mark on the club has finally gone. 

• Like 3

Agree. 

Whilst he was definitely poor on Saturday and has not had many good games, like Hutton he does try. I thought there was something there to begin with, however, as it always seems to be at the moment, Villa grinds down the players. However, to make it perfectly clear, really pleased to see him go. One of the last reminders of a bad era for the club. 

My hope is that we are not selling to a "direct rival" championship club. If we do, he will suddenly remember that he is playing football and can pass to the person in the same kit... Any more rumours of which club it is or do we think it is still Reading?

Edited by cyrusr
Added sentance

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Thanks for sticking around? I think that had more to do with lack of interest or matching his wages than us pleading with him to stay. 

His performances for us have been so poor and then last year we had him 'bumping' the lino and arguing with his teammate because he wasn't allowed to take a free kick. Then we have the well timed champions league comments, which weren't horrendous but just another example of why fans were sick of him. 

I don't mind players that weren't good enough at times, the likes of Weimman, Luna, Gardner etc.. but Bacuna is not up there for me. 

I'm glad to see the back of him and I'm glad Lambert's mark on the club has finally gone. 

Am I right in thinking that only Steer is the only signing of Lambert's that remain?!

Now we just have to get rid of the Sherwood deadwood... 

8 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Am I right in thinking that only Steer is the only signing of Lambert's that remain?!

Now we just have to get rid of the Sherwood deadwood... 

Then the Garde deadwood (wasnt any but he brought Cissokho back - still here or gone?).....

then the RDM deadwood......

Then the Bruce deadwood.......

will it ever end?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

So influential that when he joined in January they were mid table and we'll clear of danger and they ended up just 6 points above the drop and lower down the table. Hardly influential. 

Listen I agree with you, I'd rather have kept Westwood than Bacuna, but some of the stuff you're saying to defend Westwood is a lie.

Westwood is **** awful. they won one game with him in the team. 1. He has won 6 league games in 2 seasons . Worst footballer ever. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I was more than disappointed in his play in general, downright frustrated at times......but your post is very sensible and apt.

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

hope i am wrong but i have a feeling that Bacuna wont have quite as nice things to say about Villa once he leaves