Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

4 hours ago, matteyp said:

Isn't it likely that the transfer will go through after we play them?  No point in opening yourself up to any potential criticism by giving them a player eager to please - however unlikely he does something effective. 

I would drive him there if it meant he was playing against us. Just think of the amount of times he would gift possession back to us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I think he's a player Bruce rates and likes what he brings. 

Yep and it sums up what's wrong with Bruce. He overvalues physicality and work rate and doesn't see the problems that having a player who gives the ball away all the time causes for your team. 

Just now, villa89 said:

Yep and it sums up what's wrong with Bruce. He overvalues physicality and work rate and doesn't see the problems that having a player who gives the ball away all the time causes for your team. 

But is selling said player to Reading.

22 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Leandro Bacuna had ,in the eyes of Steve Bruce something the other midfielders was not showing him .....Energy

as you know, I do support Steve Bruce on many fronts, but sadly not this one.....and the trade off in attributes ,for me was huge and not acceptable.

I don't think Steve Bruce over values physicality and workrate, i think he just values it, in the same way one of our greatest managers did.....but yes you are right, LB did lose the ball too easily, maybe SB reluctantly accepted that to get the bits he wanted.....his call.

I think Bacuna is a player who gives you more questions than answers.....a player not for me.

However, he is nearly gone now.....and what he does elsewhere is of no real concern of ours.

ps I think the thing with Bacuna doesn't sum up Steve Bruce at all...Its just one piece of criteria in a boat load of it.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Just now, DCJonah said:

But I don't think it was in his original plans. I think it's been pushed through by the player. 

Reading's first offer of 1.5 mill came in before the first game of the season - we were just waiting for them to up it. In that time Bacuna gets a game - maybe he just fitted the system, was more fit than anyone else and got the nod. I doubt Bruce feels wounded by this departure.

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

But I don't think it was in his original plans. I think it's been pushed through by the player. 

I have a hunch the player knows our feelings .....and is seizing an opportunity.

I think the club do too and haven't the inclination to stand in the way.

11 hours ago, PieFacE said:

The memory that I will always associate Bacuna with is the back pass he did against Southampton, it almost looked like a "**** you" to the crowd for getting on his back.

Don't think i've seen anything so ridiculous before in my life down at Villa Park.

I haven't watched it back since watching it live, would love a gif of it.  

Back pass? A through ball Iniesta be proud of ;)

7 hours ago, Jareth said:

Reading's first offer of 1.5 mill came in before the first game of the season - we were just waiting for them to up it. In that time Bacuna gets a game - maybe he just fitted the system, was more fit than anyone else and got the nod. I doubt Bruce feels wounded by this departure.

Didnt he want to leave as fans got on his back. Bruce definite a fan