Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

11 hours ago, momo said:

So Amavi was going to play central midfield? And please, this name calling is really unnecessary.

Amavi was never going to play central midfield obviously, but he was due to play, and if the name fits, its perfectly necessary.

Yep, really happy to be hearing this news. Thanks for those 2 (?) excellent free kicks, thanks for that bostin' header against Burton Albion.....that's about it. The fact that I struggle to think back to any high points in Bacuna's Villa career really says it all. I think he's a player who has never really found and will never find his best position on the pitch. Should have moved on a long time ago with the rest of the rot. Especially should have got rid after the 'champions league' incident.

Thanks for your efforts Leandro, but it's time to put your headphones on, get on your segway and glide off into obscurity. Aston Villa will be the biggest club you will have played for.

All the best.

This is the one player I am really happy that we're getting rid of. He's all over the place, can't pass, can't shoot, can't position himself. He's stayed in his team on a few glimpses of pure luck from free kicks and general other luck. Good luck Leandro.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40886108

Jordan Amavi and Leandro Bacuna set to leave Aston Villa, says manager Steve Bruce

Left-back Jordan Amavi and winger Leandro Bacuna are on the verge of leaving Aston Villa, manager Steve Bruce has confirmed.

Amavi, 23, is set to join Marseille while Bacuna, 25, is interesting one of Villa's Championship rivals.

"We've agreed a fee with Marseille [for Amavi]," Bruce told BBC WM 95.6 after their 2-1 EFL Cup win over Colchester.

"There's a Championship club after Bacuna, that looks close to being over the line too."

Speculation has surrounded the future of both players all summer. Amavi's £8m move to Sevilla broke down last month, while Reading had a bid for Bacuna turned down.

Former France Under-21 international Amavi cost £7.7m when he joined Villa from Nice in July 2015 on a five-year deal.

Dutch-born Curacao international Bacuna, who can also play at right-back, has been with the club since 2013 and has scored eight goals in 129 appearances.

On 28/05/2014 at 13:21, vandaq said:

Not even close to making it to the cup huh? They already are missing van der wiel,janmaat and verhaegh. Surely Bacuna deserves a shout? I bet the one that will take his place will not be much better and in fact has not scored more goals. Also, bacuna has played a season in PL, something that doesn't really need to be argued about being a much higher level than eredivisie.

No, I don't think he is good enough for netherlands national team but right now I don't see why he couldn't be there

On 28/05/2014 at 13:33, rodders0223 said:

I am going to guess that he won't get called up because he is a poor footballer playing in an awful team, he doesn't have a position nailed down, his touch, passing and ability in the centre of midfield are atrocious, his defensive capabilities, his awareness and his intelligence playing at right back are laughable. I wouldn't trust him in any system.

There are dozens of Bacuna's playing in the Eredivisie. Ten a penny athletic footballers with no football brain.

He is awful and a few goals doesn't not change that.

What has changed in 3 years?