Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

2 minutes ago, villatillidie1980 said:

What's the bet he scores against us next Tuesday??

He might do, but I have a feeling it won't be down to him. Villa have a habit of making teams look world class for parts of games, I am sure even if it's only for 10-15 minutes in the second half Bacuna will be made to look like the next Messi.

17 minutes ago, Daweii said:

He might do, but I have a feeling it won't be down to him. Villa have a habit of making teams look world class for parts of games, I am sure even if it's only for 10-15 minutes in the second half Bacuna will be made to look like the next Messi.

Haha, very true. 

Who knows, maybe next Tuesday will come too soon for him to feature anyway, by the time it gets done. 

Looking back to the start of this thread for nostalgia.... wow. I hope it is part of the deal that he HAS TO play against us. In his favour.. I will always remember those 2 free kicks and the goal against Leicester in the FA cup qtr final ( the Sherwood in the stands and in the dressing room at half time) end of a largely forgettable era... bye bye leandro. 

Isn't it likely that the transfer will go through after we play them?  No point in opening yourself up to any potential criticism by giving them a player eager to please - however unlikely he does something effective. 

The memory that I will always associate Bacuna with is the back pass he did against Southampton, it almost looked like a "**** you" to the crowd for getting on his back.

Don't think i've seen anything so ridiculous before in my life down at Villa Park.

I haven't watched it back since watching it live, would love a gif of it.  

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

The memory that I will always associate Bacuna with is the back pass he did against Southampton, it almost looked like a "**** you" to the crowd for getting on his back.

Don't think i've seen anything so ridiculous before in my life down at Villa Park.

I haven't watched it back since watching it live, would love a gif of it.  

It's one of the worst things I've ever seen a villa player do. 

A bit like Okore's OG against Luton, it was so bad you think it had to be on purpose. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I wonder if him starting last week was all a plan to speed up interest in him.

I want to believe that, but I'm not sure. I mentioned it on here a few days ago, but I just think I was looking for an excuse as to why Bruce had picked him in the first place! 

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I wonder if him starting last week was all a plan to speed up interest in him.

No chance IMO. 

So important for us to make a strong start, no way Bruce plays a player he wants rid of to just try and get £1 million into the club. 

I think he's a player Bruce rates and likes what he brings. I think the fan reaction probably made Bacuna turn round and tell them he wanted to leave 

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

If anything, it did the opposite. 

How do you work that out given that he's now on the verge of leaving?

We rejected a bid from Reading weeks ago (I think), I'm thinking that starting him on the weekend was a message that he's not redundant and if you want him you'll have to stump up more than the £1M offered.

That's my take on it anyway, and 50% of the time I'm never wrong ;~)

22 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

No chance IMO. 

So important for us to make a strong start, no way Bruce plays a player he wants rid of to just try and get £1 million into the club. 

I think he's a player Bruce rates and likes what he brings. I think the fan reaction probably made Bacuna turn round and tell them he wanted to leave 

If you're going to lose a game, no better one than the first as you have 45 to make up for it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, handsworthlion said:

Looking back to the start of this thread for nostalgia.... wow. I hope it is part of the deal that he HAS TO play against us. In his favour.. I will always remember those 2 free kicks and the goal against Leicester in the FA cup qtr final ( the Sherwood in the stands and in the dressing room at half time) end of a largely forgettable era... bye bye leandro. 

Me too but only because it stands out as the only on the ball quality he has ever shown...oh, and that cross against Sunderland.

26 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

If you're going to lose a game, no better one than the first as you have 45 to make up for it.

Why risk it though for such a small amount? And the momentum of a good start is vital. I just don't see Bruce potentially sacrificing a game in order to get such a small sum for a player. If that was the case McCormack would have started upfront.