Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

Fairly big condemnation here but...

I would rather have Westwood in our midfield and have sold Bacuna instead. Maybe we wouldn't have felt such a need to sign Whelan or that type of player either... 

Wish we could just get Lansbury and Hourihane firing on all cylinders together though...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Fairly big condemnation here but...

I would rather have Westwood in our midfield and have sold Bacuna instead. Maybe we wouldn't have felt such a need to sign Whelan or that type of player either... 

Wish we could just get Lansbury and Hourihane firing on all cylinders together though...

Westwood is playing and playing well in the premier league, being played in a midfield with other proper midfielders. Funny that hey?

In the meantime we're left with Bacuna, who is athletic, strong and very occasionally can strike a ball. He also can't string a pass together. Just a very very average footballer left over from the Lerner end of days where we were taking punts on players under 500,000.

Needs to be binned and as quick as possible.

• Like 2

I was only thinking the other day, he's the last of the Lambert signings. 

Of the current squad, only Gabby and Hutton have more appearances for us more I think.

The days of "Bacuna Matata" seem like a very long time ago.

1 hour ago, villan_007 said:

Westwood is playing and playing well in the premier league, being played in a midfield with other proper midfielders. Funny that hey?

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not? I liked Westwood, for what it's worth, but he's only played about 500 minutes of Premier League football for Burnley. Is he really playing well?

17 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Regardless of whether Westwood is 'playing well', he's an infinitely better player than Bacuna.

Westwood has that oh so vital ingredient, intelligence, which is something that Bacuna just does not have unfortunately. 

Let's not go revisionist on Westwood. He was a cowardly little player who offered us next to nothing in attack or defence and his corner taking was abysmal. Well rid of him. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not? I liked Westwood, for what it's worth, but he's only played about 500 minutes of Premier League football for Burnley. Is he really playing well?

Yep apparently. Looked shot to pieces when he arrived. Settled in and they've rebuilt his confidence and is tipped as one to watch this season. Cracking preseason. Him and Defour bossing it. Spraying passes around (not sideways) looking every bit the prem midfielder.

7 minutes ago, villan_007 said:

Yep apparently. Looked shot to pieces when he arrived. Settled in and they've rebuilt his confidence and is tipped as one to watch this season. Cracking preseason. Him and Defour bossing it. Spraying passes around (not sideways) looking every bit the prem midfielder.

You said playing well in the premier league and using pre season to justify it. That doesn't work. 

No matter how bad Bacuna is I wouldn't want Westwood anywhere near us. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You said playing well in the premier league and using pre season to justify it. That doesn't work. 

No matter how bad Bacuna is I wouldn't want Westwood anywhere near us. 

No I said both. Although didn't properly allude to it in my reply. He has carried on his form from last season into this pre-season.

Westwood is a tidy player. As he is proving playing with actual footballers, the same as matt lowton in the premier league.

I don't see any premier league teams buying Bacuna do you?

47 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Let's not go revisionist on Westwood. He was a cowardly little player who offered us next to nothing in attack or defence and his corner taking was abysmal. Well rid of him. 

This is overly harsh, but I agree Westwood turned into a pretty awful player.

I'd have him every day of the week ahead of bacuna though.

In reality, neither player should be anywhere near our squad. I'm still praying that by the end of the transfer window, they won't be.

Some folk really will look for any old stick to beat the club with won't they?!

Christ, are memories this short, Westwood was literally the anti-christ only 6 months ago, now we should have kept him, ffs people get real.

I'm out of this place for a while, you're a seriously depressing bunch of people.

I'll reconvene when we're doing well and people have calmed down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This is overly harsh, but I agree Westwood turned into a pretty awful player.

I'd have him every day of the week ahead of bacuna though.

In reality, neither player should be anywhere near our squad. I'm still praying that by the end of the transfer window, they won't be.

Highly doubtful Bruce would sell the first name on the team sheet.

1 hour ago, villan_007 said:

:crylaugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I am just gutted that we didn't tie Djemba Djemba down this summer. I know it's the old cliche that players get better the less they play, the more they are injured...but honestly, I think King Eric would have been the missing link this summer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1