Leandro Bacuna

Jordanderve

I thought he was quite poor yesterday. When he went forward, what he does best, he looked hesitant and indecisive, and often slowed the game. He looked out of sync with his team mates. I think we need to strengthen there, as Richards ain't moving over any time soon.

Defensively he went missing too often today for me and left Richards exposed and having to cover for him. As I said in the Richards thread against United I would bring Hutton back in as Ash Young will have a field day up against Bacuna.

This...Richards got him out the brown stuff way to often. Better sides will pinpoint his defensive weakness & exploit it. Hutton needs to come in vs Man U.

I disagree. For me if you've got a tricky pacey winger to defend against then Bacuna is your man.

Hutton against young is basically a red card waiting to happen, and Hutton's ass being on the floor all game.

Young can't do Bacuna for pace, and like he has proved against, redmond, hazard I think bacuna will have him in his pocket.

I think I'm clearly in the minority here but I think given a consistent run of games he will improve considerably. I think he will be our main right back this season, Gestede's heading ability and Bacuna's crossing won't have evaded Sherwood.

• Like 2

Not impressed with him today, no real quality in his passes like he usually has and was out of position too often.

I don't think he usually has quality in his passing at all.

In fact I think his passing is one of his big weaknesses.

However, he is capable of that one or two killer passes in a game that splits a defence apart and makes a chance. If you get a game where he doesn't make one of those killer passes, like it sounds like he did on Saturday, and you're not left with much.

Defensively he went missing too often today for me and left Richards exposed and having to cover for him. As I said in the Richards thread against United I would bring Hutton back in as Ash Young will have a field day up against Bacuna.

This...Richards got him out the brown stuff way to often. Better sides will pinpoint his defensive weakness & exploit it. Hutton needs to come in vs Man U.

I disagree. For me if you've got a tricky pacey winger to defend against then Bacuna is your man.

Hutton against young is basically a red card waiting to happen, and Hutton's ass being on the floor all game.

Young can't do Bacuna for pace, and like he has proved against, redmond, hazard I think bacuna will have him in his pocket.

Not convinced about Bacuna v Young, but Hutton - red card and penalty is very possible. Difficult decision, glad I am not having to make it.

I think I'm clearly in the minority here but I think given a consistent run of games he will improve considerably. I think he will be our main right back this season, Gestede's heading ability and Bacuna's crossing won't have evaded Sherwood.

I agree. I think Bacuna should at least be given until January. 

Not convinced by him at all at right back. Would much prefer Hutton there.

Hutton is far better defensively.

Any more Amavi's floating around in Europe?

Thing is though Bacuna is more like Amavi in the fullback role than say Hutton. Hutton imo cant press as much as bacuna without exposing his pace getting back. That doesn't mean Huttons a slouch but Bacuna provides much more energy switching from defence to attack and that is where the money is at the moment. With the pace in the premiership in most teams up front or in midfield it is vital to be able to counter with pace in the fullback areas. 

I think when we switch to 442 or 451 Hutton will then play, but not in a 433 whereby your 2 wide forwards are not noted for defending.

Not impressed with him today, no real quality in his passes like he usually has and was out of position too often.

I don't think he usually has quality in his passing at all.

In fact I think his passing is one of his big weaknesses.

However, he is capable of that one or two killer passes in a game that splits a defence apart and makes a chance. If you get a game where he doesn't make one of those killer passes, like it sounds like he did on Saturday, and you're not left with much.

Totally agree. If Hutton could only rediscover his form of late Rangers/early Spurs he would be nailed on to start, until when or if that ever happens we'll always be lacking at RB when it's a toss up between him and Bacuna.

Hutton looked very good in an extremely defensive side last season. Hard to know how he would look in this one.

We don't play with wingers so he needs to be able to cross a ball. He can't. Bacuna on the other hand is always a match winning threat. I like Hutton, but I prefer Bacuna in this particular system.

I'm with you

Bacuna to Gestede = Goal!