Jores Okore

Jesperchr

On 14/02/2016 at 22:56, momo said:

No, you are confusing players who think they better than they are, and players who aspire to be better. Saying that you want to play in the Champions League is nothing you should be put down for saying.

That's Okore.

He had a p;oor game on Sunday but guess what so did everyone else.  That should not cloud the fact that he is a decent defender and ,  arguably,  too good for the league we are going to.  I really hope we can keep him next season but I doubt very much we will.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Next season's departures fall into 2 categories.  Those we want gone and those we don't.  Okore is definitely part of the latter (if he goes, which I suspect he will).

I think a lot of clubs will be in for him. He is still young, now has premier league experience, and has shown signs that he can be very good. Plus we only got him for  £4 million so I doubt he'd cost a lot as well. I am sure pretty much every premier league club would take him. 

• Like 1

I know injuries have set him back, but he seems a long way off the quality of player we thought he would be.

He lacks concentration, isn't great in the air, hurries his clearances terribly and has poor positional sense. I never really rate defenders who need somebody else to tell them where to be.

I wouldn't like to see him leave on the cheap, but I doubt anyone will make us an offer we can't refuse.

Okore is our best defender, and has been since breaking into the team.  Lescott on the other hand is the worst defender I can recall in a Villa shirt.  So Okore spends a lot of time in the middle on his own while Lescott and Richards stroll around wherever they like.  Okore and Clark last season formed our most solid centre back pairing.

I would like to see Baker back in this team with Clark and Okore.  Lescott and Richards are too much of a liability.

We need to try and hold onto Okore in the summer.  He will most likely have ambitions higher than Villa though, as long as Randy Venkys Lerner is still destroying the club.

Okore is our best defender, and has been since breaking into the team.  Lescott on the other hand is the worst defender I can recall in a Villa shirt.  So Okore spends a lot of time in the middle on his own while Lescott and Richards stroll around wherever they like.  Okore and Clark last season formed our most solid centre back pairing.

I would like to see Baker back in this team with Clark and Okore.  Lescott and Richards are too much of a liability.

We need to try and hold onto Okore in the summer.  He will most likely have ambitions higher than Villa though, as long as Randy Venkys Lerner is still destroying the club.

Our defence is just better when he's in there.

I know he had a poor game at Stoke and that followed the 6-0 but when he has a run of games we usually just average conceding 1s and 2s so at least a chance to get points.

When it's Lescott and Clark/Richards or somehow all three now being inflicted on us from the start it's 3s and 4s.

He's got a lot slower since he started carrying his massive ego around!

To be fair, he is the best of an appalling bunch of defenders, but he is no better than average at best. 

Â