Jores Okore

Jesperchr

The current Denmark Squad currently has a player from Brentford (English second division) a player from RB Leipzig (German second division), a player from Ipswich (2nd division again) and 7 players from the Danish league which I'd imagine is the equivilant in standard to the championship.

I think it's fair to say his place in the national squad isn't going to be wrecked by a season playing for us in the championship, Denmark simply don't have a big enough pool of players for that.

I like Okore and we need to keep him as he's one of the few existing players I'd back to do well at that level next season along with Amavi, Adama, Ayew, Grealish and amusingly Gestede. Some of those are obviously more likely to stay than others.

• Like 1

Maybe (I) have it wrong about it being the British old guard just being the ones having attitude problems in training. just speculating that maybe Okore fits into that bracket? For the life of me I can't understand why he doesn't start every game when fit. 

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

The current Denmark Squad currently has a player from Brentford (English second division) a player from RB Leipzig (German second division), a player from Ipswich (2nd division again) and 7 players from the Danish league which I'd imagine is the equivilant in standard to the championship.

I think it's fair to say his place in the national squad isn't going to be wrecked by a season playing for us in the championship, Denmark simply don't have a big enough pool of players for that.

I like Okore and we need to keep him as he's one of the few existing players I'd back to do well at that level next season along with Amavi, Adama, Ayew, Grealish and amusingly Gestede. Some of those are obviously more likely to stay than others.

I am unconvinced Gestade will do it for us next year either. His good season with Blackburn is very much his only season of scoring goals. I think we spent a load of money on a one season wonder. 

I can't stand watching him in the prem but defences are poor down there so he'll be more loosly marked on set pieces and corners and just generally....bit like the Bournemouth goal which was very much a false dawn.

I don't want him starting week in week out but don't see the harm in keeping him as a sub option as he has at least influenced a few games coming off the bench since he's been here, next to useless as a starter.

As others have said we won't get rid of all 20 players, some will have to stay and be squad players or even dare I say still be starters so rather keep Gestede than Gabby or Sinclair.

18 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

He is far from the player many Villa fans think he is in my opinion. 

He's just another player who gets better when he's sat on the bench. The fact that he's in and out of the worst team in the league tells you everything you need to know. Ciaran Clark got into the team ahead of him, that says it all.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Okore won't stick around that's clear by some of the quotes he has be saying recently. I think we are stuck with lescott, Clark and baker

You think Lescott will stick around? He will go off to America hopefully or some lower table premier league club will be stupid enough to make a bid for him. 

20 hours ago, benireduk said:

The only concern I have with Okore is if he could hack 3 games in a week?

Good point well made.  I guess the management team will have to make that decision in the summer too.  That would be my concern with him also.  His quality wouldn't be in question down there.

4 hours ago, Czechlad said:

You think Lescott will stick around? He will go off to America hopefully or some lower table premier league club will be stupid enough to make a bid for him. 

I think no one will be stupid enough to take him from us!

22 hours ago, thabucks said:

Maybe (I) have it wrong about it being the British old guard just being the ones having attitude problems in training. just speculating that maybe Okore fits into that bracket? For the life of me I can't understand why he doesn't start every game when fit. 

Some say it's the Brits, some say the French. One bloke on Twitter said it's the lazy Africans. I don't follow him anymore.

Truth is, it's the squad. Their nationality appears to be irrelevant. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

Never really recovered fro  that injury has he?

Fear he'll be one of those players who are always carrying little injuries or fighting to recover from one. Shame really, looked so promising.

I don't rate him very highly.....too stiff and rigid for me.....struggles with his positional sense.....and that for a centre half is not good

Edited by TRO

13 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

His quotes are hilarious. Almost as if he has no idea how shite he is.

And which quotes are you referring to? I haven't seen any quotes in the Danish media I'd say were hilarious.

It's worth remembering that he's 23. He's not the finished article and won't be for a few years but he has show a hell of a lot of promise and is already a good CB. You can't compare him to players in their prime when he'll be in his in five years' time. 

• Like 1

Â