Jores Okore

Jesperchr

22 minutes ago, blandy said:

@a mole Same as not buying anyone in Jan. Cost saving. I doubt it's to do with football ambitions. Just money. It's the way the club is being run and has been for a while.

Yep cut costs, get relegated, revenue is more than halved, cut more costs, struggle in midtable in the championship. I wonder what randy will think when he sees how little the club is actually worth when it is in the championship. 

It's a tough one, of course he is vital to our future but when he has been injured for so long, possibly almost half of his contract, I can see why the club stalled a bit on offering a new one.  Combined with the likely relegation, they aren't going to be giving anyone pay rises unfortunately.  Just another sad result of our fall from grace.

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

He is doing his best to back track, but it doesn't cut any ice with me - it is pretty obvious what he was saying. Also he repeats part of his original comments in the final paragraph. No mention of gratitude for the club carrying him during his lengthy injuries.

I get that he thinks he is too good for us, and I have no problem with ambition, but at a time when the team is struggling to avoid relegation, I think it is inadvisable to be making these public utterances. A good player, but I suspect that he might be disappointed at the level of club that will be interested in him.

I don't get why everyone is worked up over his comments.  He was asked a question about his future, considering he'll be in the last year of his contract this summer and our future in the Premier League is up in the air at the moment.  I thought he answered the question honestly - he doesn't know what will happen, but the club hasn't offered him an extension and he has ambitions as a player to play at the highest level he can.   Nothing wrong with that.  Keep in mind, this was an interview in Danish, and some rag has translated to English, probably poorly and out of context to try to stir up some headlines.  

Joras has been nothing but a stand up professional during his time at Villa.  He has given his all on the pitch, and has managed to depose our captain from his position based on his solid performances.  He has always been great to the fans, and IMO, has been our best central defender since Laursen retired.  I can see someone like Southampton or Everton coming in for him this summer, whether or not we stay in the Premier League.  From there, it will be all down to Remi convincing him that he wants him to stay and Hollis & Co. to make him a competitive contract offer.  

What a word removed Jores is. It should be the pinnacle of anyone's aspirations to want to play Rotherham.

As for the contract, our club is still run by retards. **** the singing on fee, **** the wages. On form it would cost 10m to replace him.

But that is our club all over. Only ever see the smaller picture.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pilchard said:

Signing on fee involved etc etc. Think how much money they would have thrown at Delph last year 'wasted'.

I have an idea. Don't let players go into the last 12 months of their deal, you won't get held to ransom. 10/15 years on from Sol, McManaman and Michael Owen we still haven't learnt a fundemental footballing practice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

I have an idea. Don't let players go into the last 12 months of their deal, you won't get held to ransom. 10/15 years on from Sol, McManaman and Michael Owen we still haven't learnt a fundemental footballing practice.

That's if you want to retain him, and the wages he is taking on the wage bill.

Can you imagine if he signs a new 5 year deal at the end of the season, the club making sure there's no relegation wage drop in order to keep him, then he gets crocked again 5 mins into the new season and is never the same again meaning we've just got to stump up his wages and he never plays. Would be just our luck really

Â