Jores Okore

Jesperchr

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

Well no not necessarily. If we replace him with a much cheaper less known cb who is adequate in the championship, I defiantly won't be reminiscing about the awkward performances this guy has dished up time after time.

Much cheaper and less known than Okore? 

He was already one of Lambert's bargian basement buys from the Danish league. We will be scouting the non-league pyramid to go much cheaper and less 'well known'. 

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Much cheaper and less known than Okore? 

He was already one of Lambert's bargian basement buys from the Danish league. We will be scouting the non-league pyramid to go much cheaper and less 'well known'. 

So you sell a player based on the moment you buy him?

8 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

People were saying the same things about Vlaar before he left and we are missing him now.

There are worse CBs in the football pyramid than Okore, Clark being 1 example right here at this club. 

When Okore leaves and we are playing in the Championship we won't be attracting one of the better ones. 

Remind us again where Vlaar ended up

We are obviously worse off without the likes of benteke and vlaar but it's not as if we can look back to them days and think. Wow, how good were they.

I certainly don't miss scraping survival with the likes of benteke and vlaar.

What I miss, is 11 players fighting for the cause week in week out. I miss a team that's competitive week in week out. We haven't had it for years and we certainly haven't had it whilst jores Okore has been here.

55 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

I rarely agree with you (never actually)

I was tempted to post last night, agreeing with your comments.

Won't be missed for me-People need to get the Godforsaken YT video out of their minds and see the real Okore

I don't base my analysis on a **** YouTube video, wind your neck in. 

Okore is a talented player. If he has greater ambitions than playing in the Championship, then good for him. If all the players at Villa had ambitions of playing at a higher level, the team would probably have been a bit higher up the table. I find Okore's statements refreshing. Unlike many of the players at the club, he doesn't feel like he has made it, and so always are looking to improve and better himself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

People were saying the same things about Vlaar before he left and we are missing him now.

There are worse CBs in the football pyramid than Okore, Clark being 1 example right here at this club. 

When Okore leaves and we are playing in the Championship we won't be attracting one of the better ones. 

I was always a big defender of Vlaar but we're not missing 14/15 Vlaar - he was injured even more than usual and when he did play he was poor most of the time. I agree on Okore though.

1 hour ago, momo said:

Okore is a talented player. If he has greater ambitions than playing in the Championship, then good for him. If all the players at Villa had ambitions of playing at a higher level, the team would probably have been a bit higher up the table. I find Okore's statements refreshing. Unlike many of the players at the club, he doesn't feel like he has made it, and so always are looking to improve and better himself.

I think it's part of our problem. We've got shit players and we've got shit players who think they are better than they are and deserve to be in a better place. Okore, Richards and Gana seem like these sort to me. 

It doesn't help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

I think it's part of our problem. We've got shit players and we've got shit players who think they are better than they are and deserve to be in a better place. Okore, Richards and Gana seem like these sort to me. 

It doesn't help.

No, you are confusing players who think they better than they are, and players who aspire to be better. Saying that you want to play in the Champions League is nothing you should be put down for saying.

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

No idea why it's put my post in your quote and mobile site won't let me delete it. 

It's okay. The timing might not have been right, but the club did not offer him a new contract, so he is obviously looking at his options, even if he should not have made it public.

3 hours ago, Mantis said:

I was always a big defender of Vlaar but we're not missing 14/15 Vlaar - he was injured even more than usual and when he did play he was poor most of the time. I agree on Okore though.

Vlaar would walk into our current team so would James Collins actually and probably even Davies and Knight

Look away from his ability for a second it's his commitment and attitude that is very questionable ducking is one of the worst offences in football in my opinion, nobody and I mean nobody should duck at a professional level. Shows a real lack of commitment and fight. I don't want players like that at this club despite how average/good they are. 

Â