Jores Okore

Jesperchr

Didn't Tim say he's been playing through injury for the last few matches? Not looking to excuse him, he did have a poor game today, but it might explain the drop in his pace recently.

Decision making, looks over weight and his total lack of pace does not leave to much in his locker. Needs a massive improvement or just a squad player.

The classic football fan reaction to a guy who fills out his shirt - if he has a good game, what a beast! monster, unit, if he plays poorly he's overweight, fat, been at the pies.

Awful today, although as mentioned I'm sure he's got a minor injury. Needs to work on his awareness and reading of the game drastically.

I think he has all the natural ability to be a great centre back

Unfortunately at the moment he lacks the decision making and culture to apply that talent effectively.

He was awful today.

But I've seen enough to still think he will be a very gold player in future. He's not there yet, at all, but that's what happens with centrebacks. They take longer to develop than other players.

Look at Clark, he's been awesome this season, but 12 months ago he looked a million miles away from that.

Has all the pace in the world and fine when running in a straight line against another player but he's too static when a team plays a high ball. look at some of the goals we conceded today. Okore should be anticipating and on his heels rather than standing there and starting to jog.

I still rate him though and Vlaar gifted two goals today, he should know better.

Fun fact - until today's match (maybe it's different now, although probably not) Okore had the highest average rating of any of our players on WhoScored. He's had a great season. It's unfortunate that he's been dreadful twice, against Arsenal and today, but it's not really a bad record for a 22-year-old centre back. Both Clark and Baker took a long time to develop, we can't expect Okore to be perfect now. 

However, I do think we need to reconsider his role for the rest of the season. If he's playing through injury, and that's why he was lumbering, he shouldn't be playing, harsh though that may be. Bunnski said in the match thread that Senderos should have been brought on for some minutes, and I totally agree with that, that was a big oversight. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

Horrible performance today!! Sadly Shit happens!!!! We'll take revenge next week!! And the week after.. But glad to be safe1f389.png1f38a.png1f389.png#AVFC

0 retweets0 favorites
 Retweet
 Favorite
More

Good to see the lads aren't dwelling, yet still admitting that today was awful. Previously nobody would've come out and said anything.

Fun fact - until today's match (maybe it's different now, although probably not) Okore had the highest average rating of any of our players on WhoScored. He's had a great season. It's unfortunate that he's been dreadful twice, against Arsenal and today, but it's not really a bad record for a 22-year-old centre back. Both Clark and Baker took a long time to develop, we can't expect Okore to be perfect now. 

However, I do think we need to reconsider his role for the rest of the season. If he's playing through injury, and that's why he was lumbering, he shouldn't be playing, harsh though that may be. Bunnski said in the match thread that Senderos should have been brought on for some minutes, and I totally agree with that, that was a big oversight. 

I think he'll be rested next week, not due to being bad today but more so because he needs a rest!

• Like 1

I thought he was meant to be blessed with real pace. He looked sluggish chasing back. Looks like he's carrying a knock.

I watched the pre-Saints interview with Sherwood on AVTV and he said Okore's carrying an injury. He then said something along the lines of, "I can't stress enough to Villa fans how much this lad is giving for Villa".

So maybe Okore gets let off a little bit, for today.

• Like 3

He had a shit day today, but most of the lads did and as he said, shit happens. I agree that a defender like him needs a leader, that the defence in general needs a leader. Vlaar has already said he's undecided about whether to stay or not, if he's not sure whether to stay or not then I'd rather him leave. I've never been a big fan of his, off the pace too much and gifts too many goals. I think Okore will be great played with Clarke next season, and after a good run of games we'll see more of the talent he has.

Yeah good to see no dwelling on it and good have a positive attitude. We will have a few of these next season if we play the same way but best attitude is not let it get to you

Yeah good to see no dwelling on it and good have a positive attitude. We will have a few of these next season if we play the same way but best attitude is not let it get to you

I completely agree, it's going to happen with the type of football we're playing. It's not gung-ho as some are suggesting, it's high intensity attacking. The problem is unless you're playing lesser teams, you do need a strong defense to play that type of football, our defense does need looking at in the summer. Maybe today wasn't the day to play the way we did, but I'm sure Tim has learned from it, and I'd rather us lose a few games with this type of football if it means we can have periods of great games like we have the last couple of months. I certainly don't think Tim or the team will dwell on it too much.

One thing that really worried me and it wasnt his overall performance. It was his pace, i really thought he was a flying machine. Looked like he was running in treacle today.

Hopefully this was down to the injury Sherwood talked about

One thing that really worried me and it wasnt his overall performance. It was his pace, i really thought he was a flying machine. Looked like he was running in treacle today.

Hopefully this was down to the injury Sherwood talked about

Really hope so.

Â