Jores Okore

Jesperchr

I'm yet to be won over by Baker but for what it's worth, he does seem to work best with Vlaar compared to the others. So yeah, it'll should be him.

Is there any point starting Baker when we know that their is a high likely hood that he'll end up needing to be subbed?

Well, the choice is between Baker and Okore right? So the question is, do we play a player who might potentially get injured or a player who definitely is injured? I think that's a fairly easy question to answer. 

Plus you have to admire Baker's attitude. He always is willing to risk injury to make the tackle or stop. We need that type of mentality in a cup final. 

Just watched the Villa in training video ahead of the Cup Final on the OS and you can clearly see Okore, Gil, Cissokho and Senderos all training.

Only noticeable absentees were obviously Clark but no Vlaar either.

Hope Okore makes it though - he's performed well considering the injury he's just recovered from and had to be used over and over due to squad injuries.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4746506,00.html

Is there any point starting Baker when we know that their is a high likely hood that he'll end up needing to be subbed?

Well, the choice is between Baker and Okore right? So the question is, do we play a player who might potentially get injured or a player who definitely is injured? I think that's a fairly easy question to answer. 

Plus you have to admire Baker's attitude. He always is willing to risk injury to make the tackle or stop. We need that type of mentality in a cup final. 

Ah yes.. the willingness to make the stop.. Like Vidic.

:(

I still think he's a DM and not a CB

He has bravery and pace in abundance but he makes too many basic errors for a CB and gets drawn out of position far too easy

No wonder his knee's are knackered getting dragged out of position and then having to go run flat out at 100% to recover and get back onside against players will do that to you

Edited by AshVilla

Too many of our defenders are vastly overrated on here. Our defence has been abysmal all year and major changes needed. 

• Like 1

Too many of our defenders are vastly overrated on here. Our defence has been abysmal all year and major changes needed. 

Yep, Okore is very overrated, he's not bad, but lacks the stuff between the ears to ever be a quality centre half. 

I thought Okore started nervously today and got better as the game wore on. That's not to say he was brilliant or anything, and he's got a lot to work on certainly, but I think he'll come good for us given time.

Â