Jores Okore

Jesperchr

There's no reason to suggest he won't want to resign with us so hopefully we'll see an extension agreed in the Summer.

I think he'll definitely sign an extension, this has pretty much been his first season for us no thanks to the injury last year. He has finally settled in and is a first team regular, we've seen what he is capable of but we've also seen some mistakes which is bound to happen and we've seen it from Baker/Clark when they were a similar age (worse than Okore though in all honesty). 

I think next season we'll really see Okore come into his own, hopefully with some new talent in the team and under new ownership, with a solid pre-season under his belt. 

This summer is the best time to sign him up on a new 4-5 year deal. He's been good, but made mistakes as mentioned above, so he's unlikely to have ideas above his station in terms of money. If we wait til after next season, when he could really step up his game, we'd be in a much trickier spot since he'd have a year left and potentially be highly sought after. It's worth a gamble tying him up now I think

• Like 1

Vlaar seems to be copping more of the flak but Okore was the worst player on the pitch. I wouldn't even grade him 1/10 if I'm being honest.

I realise it's not always a very accurate way of judging but has looked a totally different player to that one who played against Chelsea in the Champions League.

It was his pace and ball playing which stood out then but they seem to be two of his worst attributes now. Not just today, has looked clumsy on the ball for a while.

Was very poor today.

As I said in the match thread I think he needs to have a vocal organiser beside him and thats why he looked so good with Clark. You would constantly see Clark telling him where to go and what to look out for

• Like 1

As a big fan of Okore even before he came to Villa, I have to say that is the worst I have ever seen him play. However, I think we need to go easy here - he has played remarkably well at times this season and is still only 22-years-old. He and Clark were a great partnership and I do believe that partnerships are key to good defences rather than having one individual "stand-out" defender.

Vlaar should have got the lad out of the mental mess today, but instead Vlaar himself joined in with the antics. To me that shows now that Sherwood was right in taking away the captain's armband from Vlaar. After today I imagine Okore will feel like crap, but I'm not going to let this performance overshadow the progress he has made this season, and I look forward to seeing him and Clark together with Vlaar hopefully gone in the summer.

• Like 2

Â