Jores Okore

Jesperchr

He's a quiet guy on the field.  Definitely the type of player who needs a leader next to him.

Next to someone like Laursen, he'd be absolutely immense.

He'll learn leadership through time, he's only a kid still.

Yeah, I actually think he brought out the leader in Clark.

I think Clark has always been a leader, even when he was playing poorly. Always exhorting on the field and doing the pre-kickoff pep talk.

I am disappointed that he was not made captain.

He's a quiet guy on the field.  Definitely the type of player who needs a leader next to him.

I think Clark has always been a leader, even when he was playing poorly. Always exhorting on the field and doing the pre-kickoff pep talk.

Clark had a great season vs previous years but no way is he good enough long term to be captain, imo. 

I think as a CB having an injury that impedes your movement automatically makes you nervous and uncertain about your positioning. Something made even worse when paired with an out of form Vlaar.

That's what we were seeing from Okore against Southampton ( I hope)

Still think for next season Okore-Clark is the best partnership and compliment each other well. Plus it seems they enjoy playing together as well and seem friends which also a good thing

23D916C300000578-2871184-Clark_and_Okore

• Like 3

Still think for next season Okore-Clark is the best partnership and compliment each other well. Plus it seems they enjoy playing together as well and seem friends which also a good thing

Clark yes. Okore no way

He's a quiet guy on the field. Definitely the type of player who needs a leader next to him.

Clark had a great season vs previous years but no way is he good enough long term to be captain, imo.
Why? He is the true leader on the pitch constantly talking, leads by example
  • Like 2

Clark and Okore looked pretty good together in a time when the team were struggling massively.

That said they also had a lot more protection due to the negative tactics at the time.

I've seen many worse centre backs

Clark yes. Okore no way

Just remember that this time 12 months ago, everyone would have said "no way" to Clark too.

All of the best central defence partnerships involve one player willing to put their head on the line and the other one being comfortable on the ball.

Can Clark and Okore be this for us?  I think so.  There's been a fair bit of settling down involved, but I think they can be.  Baker, for what it's worth, is a good squad option as well.

• Like 1

All of the best central defence partnerships involve one player willing to put their head on the line and the other one being comfortable on the ball.

Can Clark and Okore be this for us?  I think so.  There's been a fair bit of settling down involved, but I think they can be.  Baker, for what it's worth, is a good squad option as well.

Which one would Okore be? He doesn't seem very comfortable on the ball and he seems very "soft" for a centre back.

Which one would Okore be? He doesn't seem very comfortable on the ball and he seems very "soft" for a centre back.

He'd be the ball playing type.  I think he could settle into that pretty well - granted, he's been a bit shaky in recent times.  All about the bedding in process etc.

For what it's worth, Clark almost does both things.  He's become a key player for us imo.

Okore is pretty decent on the ball though that seems to have changed in recent months. The game against Southampton at home he was bringing the ball into midfield and was passing from the back. Dont know if this has been knocked out of him. He was always going back for short goal kicks from Guzan 

I prefer to avoid getting in to individually criticising our defensive players as they all have good moments and not so good moments.

What I would say as a team is,we have a fair way to go to improve the defensive side of our game.

Scoring goals is probably the hardest thing to do and you don't go far without doing so.....but equally being able to defend is essential.

Many Managers in the past Cloughie, George Graham have cited building from the back as the way to go ..... when you consider c40 points keeps you up and without conceding will give you at least 38 points....it make you wonder.

I will be much happier, when I see our team show more consistency in clean sheets and avoid the capitulation that was in evidence at St Mary's.

I would equally go on the say that its the defensive capability of Chelsea that sets them aside from the rest.

Ball playing centre halves are fine as long as you have a dominant one particularly in the air along side them...i.e Evans & McNaught

2 of the same give you problems

• Like 1

Â