Jores Okore

Jesperchr

Any updates on his fitness? Need to transfer him out of my fantasy team if he's injured!

Since we're playing United I'd transfer out all Villa defenders regardless.

Double gameweek, includes QPR too

Any updates on his fitness? Need to transfer him out of my fantasy team if he's injured!

Dgw is no use if we get thumped by united. Even with a clean sheet in the other have he'll get less points than a player on a single game week who keeps a clean sheet

Dgw is no use if we get thumped by united. Even with a clean sheet in the other have he'll get less points than a player on a single game week who keeps a clean sheet

We'd have to concede 6 for that to be true (or we'd have to concede 4 and he'd have to be booked). I don't think it takes wild optimism to believe we won't concede 6 tomorrow. 

Would anyone on here be adverse to trying Okore in the role that Sanchez played tonight?

I think Okore has all the attributes to play there as well as having better vision, more pace, better passing ability, more presence and more of a danger at dead ball situations.

I personally wouldn't gamble playing him there in a relegation run in but with the benefit of hindsight, I would have tonight.

He was unlucky to have been dropped but he's played a lot of games and is still very young for a central defender.

I would love to see him have a run in front of the defence. 

Would anyone on here be adverse to trying Okore in the role that Sanchez played tonight?

I think Okore has all the attributes to play there as well as having better vision, more pace, better passing ability, more presence and more of a danger at dead ball situations.

I personally wouldn't gamble playing him there in a relegation run in but with the benefit of hindsight, I would have tonight.

He was unlucky to have been dropped but he's played a lot of games and is still very young for a central defender.

I would love to see him have a run in front of the defence. 

If your pushing a defender up, it would probably be Clark who moves to defensive mid. Okore looks too clumsy on the ball in my opinion. Sometimes he shows quick feet in tight situations but its a different kettle of fish being the holding player in midfield. His best attributes are pace, power and tackling. A weaker one is probably quick decision making on the ball, which Sanchez is far too slow at!

Edited by BigCarew

I think you just confirmed he is better equipped than Sanchez:

"quick feet in tight situations"

"pace"

"power"

"tackling"

Clark will never be a midfielder, he is a stopper/hoof merchant/long ball merchant. He can't mop up and play the ball 5 yards

I think you just confirmed he is better equipped than Sanchez:

"quick feet in tight situations"

"pace"

"power"

"tackling"

Clark will never be a midfielder, he is a stopper/hoof merchant/long ball merchant. He can't mop up and play the ball 5 yards

Better equipped for his own position at centre half. Michael Carrick is a prime example, dominated the game against us. He broke it up where he needed to, played simple passes and stayed at the base of the midfield to protect the back 4 for counters. Sanchez at least looks calm technically on the ball but his decision making is woeful. And thus, when having less time on the ball I think Okore will struggle. Its the brain as well as the physicality !

think it might be an option for one game he is decent on the ball and a good turn of pace so could give it a go. also maybe drop in as a 3 with Bacuna and Richardson as wing backs which could give them as much protection

Â