The Randy Lerner thread

CI

If you read the article, Moxley actually reveals that 'stands' will have their naming rights sold, he just assumes the Holte will be first due to it's popularity...Tom Fox isn't a total idiot, I don't think it will happen.

What do you care? They could call it the princess pink palace it will still be VP or the holte etc

"What do you care?", what a daft question Paul. Of course people care. I assume some people would rather watch us get relegated than see historic stands re-named.
  • Like 1

I doubt we would be able to get enough for naming rights on individual stands to make it worth doing at the present. If we were going to do it I would think we would need to sell the naming rights for the whole ground but I doubt we would attract the sort of names we would need to attract to pay enough to do that. 

It would smack to me of looking for short term money either for players because the owner is not prepared to spend any more of his own money (or the SKY money) on that or he is looking to get back some/any of the money he put into the club in any way possible through this and possibly "profitable player trading" as it was once described at Villa Park. I hope we will not sell naming rights to any bidder at any price for short term gain but take a grain of comfort in the fact that the story is in "The Mirror".  

• Like 1

Selling naming rights to the stands is something Ashley has been trying to do at Newcastle for years with no takers, its not that easy to do for clubs outside the top 4, & its not the first time this has been suggested at villa park either.

Nothing will come of it so I wouldn't get worked up over it to be honest

Firstly I dont really care what any stand is called or what the ground is called as long as we can try and be competitive as a team.  You have to use what you have and if naming the stands is it then so be it.  I still call the stand opposite the Trinity the Witton and it has had a silly name for ages.

Secondly I doubt we'd get enough though to be honest

Thirdly the fact that Lerner is considering this worries me as it seems therefore he aint going anywhere

Why not rename the ticket office, club shop and Holte pub whilst we're at it.

Signs of desperation this one, looks like Lerner would sell his own mother now rather than put his hand in his own pocket anymore.

If he was that bothered why not call it " The Holte Lerner Holdings Ltd Stand" and pay us more than the going rate than we would get from Papa Johns Pizza.

He couldn't keep a rabbit going with lettuce

Proud History, Bright Future my arse!

Edited by Kingman

I wish they'd let us know if the club is actually still for sale or at least some journalist would try and find out for us.

Why would you think it wasn't?

The clubs last stance on it is that it's for sale, there's no reason to think otherwise.

Â