The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I wasn't really comparing everything about them to us. I just meant that even though they had that kind of money to spend on one player to add to what was already a talented squad, It is quite interesting that we are around the same position as them at the moment given how we've been labelled a club in crisis by the media.

They are suffering the Europa League effect to an extent. It's like when Hull were 6th (or whatever it was) halfway through the 08/09 season - the same sort of points could've been made by their fans which would've proved to be premmature. Same here.

I wasn't really comparing everything about them to us. I just meant that even though they had that kind of money to spend on one player to add to what was already a talented squad, It is quite interesting that we are around the same position as them at the moment given how we've been labelled a club in crisis by the media.

They are suffering the Europa League effect to an extent. It's like when Hull were 6th (or whatever it was) halfway through the 08/09 season - the same sort of points could've been made by their fans which would've proved to be premmature. Same here.

Again though i'm not saying we are on the same level as them. I just found it interesting that after almost £30 million spent on one player they still find themselves around the same places as us in the league.

It was merely a general observation.

Again though i'm not saying we are on the same level as them. I just found it interesting that after almost £30 million spent on one player they still find themselves around the same places as us in the league.

They spent 30m on a player about equivalent to the actual ability of a player we spent 7m on though, again reinforcing the point that the amount you spend on a player actually means nothing in terms of what you get

"The loans will be part of a sale price I think" and that is why the price he wants has put potential buyers off suttonpaul.

He made cash from selling the Browns but then lost big money to Mrs L. He cannot expect to break even without selling off the family jewells or should I say the clubs?  

Is it time for Randy to have a word with our former owner to suggest he puts some of the millions he took out of the club to have the stand that has his name on it kept on it?  

You want Doug to put money into Aston Villa. Good luck with that one. :D

• Like 3

They spent 30m on a player about equivalent to the actual ability of a player we spent 7m on though, again reinforcing the point that the amount you spend on a player actually means nothing in terms of what you get

Wrong thread but one of those players you talk of has genuine world class ability, if a little inconsistent at times, who will end up at a top top club. The other is a donkey. No equivalency to be found.   

Wrong thread but one of those players you talk of has genuine world class ability, if a little inconsistent at times, who will end up at a top top club. The other is a donkey. No equivalency to be found.   

Oh yeah, of course. Lukaku is a mule. Sure.

• Like 1

They spent 30m on a player about equivalent to the actual ability of a player we spent 7m on though, again reinforcing the point that the amount you spend on a player actually means **** all in terms of what you get

A point I've tried to make many times when people just mention the amount spent.

A point I've tried to make many times when people just mention the amount spent.

Wrong thread but shows just how good Lambert is at getting a bargain eh? Perfectly suited for a club like us without a pot to piss in?

"The loans will be part of a sale price I think" and that is why the price he wants has put potential buyers off suttonpaul.

He made cash from selling the Browns but then lost big money to Mrs L. He cannot expect to break even without selling off the family jewells or should I say the clubs?

Is it time for Randy to have a word with our former owner to suggest he puts some of the millions he took out of the club to have the stand that has his name on it kept on it?

You want Doug to put money into Aston Villa. Good luck with that one. :D

Tom fox's interview read like a CEO working at a club with a plan. Not a club up for sale. I pray things have been going on behind the scenes to get this club sold.

We, The fans, the lifeline of the club will be the last to know pal, Im afraid it will be the usual (LMT) Lerner Mushroom Treatment… 

Kept in the dark and fed with shit.

Â