The Randy Lerner thread

CI

The only thing Randy has done wrong, is get rid of Houllier and appoint a poor quality manager for his replacement. The backing has been fine and I understand that wages need to be reduced.

McLeish has sold/released our better players in response to reducing the wage bill..Whereas Houllier may have kept players like Makoun, Reo and Cuellar etc and got rid of Dunne, Petrov and Heskey etc instead..Its just different approaches by different managers.

But what Lerner has done to this club in regards investment, ticket pricing, infrastructure improvements etc its been top drawer..

• Like 1

And he didn't even have to pay the Category A prices!

Seriously, who decided a game between Aston Villa and Newcastle was a Category A game?!

Certainly not MOTD.....in our usual position - LAST

The only thing Randy has done wrong, is get rid of Houllier and appoint a poor quality manager for his replacement. The backing has been fine and I understand that wages need to be reduced.

McLeish has sold/released our better players in response to reducing the wage bill..Whereas Houllier may have kept players like Makoun, Reo and Cuellar etc and got rid of Dunne, Petrov and Heskey etc instead..Its just different approaches by different managers.

But what Lerner has done to this club in regards investment, ticket pricing, infrastructure improvements etc its been top drawer..

Houllier had to go for the good of his health - he's pretty much retired from football now; that isn't something that Randy can be blamed for.

I don't suppose facts play too big a part in your constellation but, just so you know, McLeish didn't "release" Reo-Coker. He was out of the club by the time McLeish arrived (Reo-Coker left club on 27 May, McLeish appointed 17 June - check the AVFC web site).

Also, I am sure you will spot the little flaw in your statement, "Houllier may have kept...Cuellar". Um, so did McLeish!

Now that you've been reduced to making stuff up in your increasingly desperate attempts to keep the flame of memory alive for Houllier, it is surely time to give up.

I don't suppose facts play too big a part in your constellation but, just so you know, McLeish didn't "release" Reo-Coker. He was out of the club by the time McLeish arrived (Reo-Coker left club on 27 May, McLeish appointed 17 June - check the AVFC web site).

Also, I am sure you will spot the little flaw in your statement, "Houllier may have kept...Cuellar". Um, so did McLeish!

Now that you've been reduced to making stuff up in your increasingly desperate attempts to keep the flame of memory alive for Houllier, it is surely time to give up.

I was just giving examples..Maybe had Houllier stayed in the job Reo would have signed a new deal instead..Maybe Downing would have stayed...Maybe it would be Dunne and Gabby etc off the wage bill instead..

Its just examples..But my main main point is that on the whole, Randy has done ok for the club...Its just incorrect managerial decissions that have let him down...But as for backing, building us up as a club etc he has done more than enough. I think under MON we were amongst the highest Premierleague spenders season upon season..Allowing wages to go higher than Spurs etc, in the hope of bringing CL football to the club...He held up his end of the bargain...Its just the manager at the time wasnt quite good enough to top Redknapp.

I was just giving examples..Maybe had Houllier stayed in the job Reo would have signed a new deal instead..Maybe Downing would have stayed...Maybe it would be Dunne and Gabby etc off the wage bill instead..

.....which would've been a bit of a downer as they've been our 2 best players so far this season. Apart from the Mcleish signed Shay Given, maybe.

.....which would've been a bit of a downer as they've been our 2 best players so far this season. Apart from the Mcleish signed Shay Given, maybe.

Yes but the 2 worst players in a system where we pass the ball, keep possession with good movement and work the ball into the net..Which players like Makoun, Downing, Reo and Bent were all begining to adjust to doing in their games..If you check out the chalkboards for the stats from Reo and Makoun, we had great pass success rates..Bent was also scoring and Downing, along with Albrighton were creative..We didnt need Dunne and Gabby in this system.. Clark and Bent were both better.

Â