The Randy Lerner thread

CI

All though its most likely BS, A part of me is thinking if they are posting to gain more followers then why not make BS rumours up about a historical top 4 club with a world wide fan base rather than a historical west midlands club following and relegation contender? 

Arsen/Arsenal Big news breaking, Man U & LVG £300m targets revealed, Liverpool Boss in in board room bust up shocker, etc-etc 

Why the Villa?

Don't forget though regardless who takes us over if it is true......... there are still FFP rules so don't jizz your pants.

I seem to have two accounts too :/

We can still be a well run competitive club within FFP rules so you don't have to keep telling us. Regardless of any rules, the club has been poorly run.

By the recent Fox comments I am guessing (that's all you can as our owner never speaks in eight years) that Lerner has put selling the club on the back burner, and now just wants to make it more cash rich and appealing to a buyer in the future. Our new CEO seems very excited by expanding the commercial streams of the club. However we have been here before when Lerner first bought the club- remember Richard Fitzgerald? Talk of global marketing and kit deals with Nike got us nowhere. By all means Fox should do his best but he will find out just how much of gap there is between thinking Villa are a big club, and actually getting large commercial deals and increasing attendances at Villa Park. At the end of the day we have to start winning more often, play better football and look like a side with some ambition, to raise the profile of this club. And without a large cash injection from Lerner I can't really see this happening.

• Like 1

Evening Gent - your thoughts?

I have nothing major to say on the matter. Nevertheless, it will be interesting to see what this Twitter account reveals (if anything), but Lerner's jet has arrived in Birmingham so some interesting news may be around the corner? 

from earlier twitter screenshot i put re: Winner Sports

http://www.winnersports.co.uk/billionaire-mark-cuban-interested-in-buying-aston-villa-fc-42201

Billionaire Mark Cuban interested in buying Aston Villa FC

Exclusive: An all American billionaire sports franchise investor is interested in buying English Premier League side Aston Villa FC.

Winner Sports can exclusively reveal that the Dallas Mavericks owner has expressed an initial interest in buying the crisis club from Randy Lerner.

It could be exciting times for Villa fans as interest from a new potential shirt sponsor has emerged this week with sources indicating mobile gaming brand Fruity King are willing to replace Dafabet who currently pay Villa £6m Yr.

The Takeover -
No official bids have yet been made and talks are ongoing. During the summer Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner promised to make sure the club focus on the pitch and not get distracted by off-field matters, despite “productive” talks over the sale of the Villa Park outfit.

Lerner Said:
“Given that no agreement has as of yet been reached, I feel that it is time now to turn my full attention back to Villa matters at hand.

“While the sale process has been productive and remains ongoing, my priority at this point in the summer, heading into the upcoming season, is that the Villa organisation’s sole focus be football – undistracted by any sales process.”

Cuban has a net-worth of US$2.7 billion as of October 2014 and it’s thought that the business and sports investor is open to expanding his empire and is keen to buy a Premier League club.

In 2011, Cuban wrote an e-book, How to Win at the Sport of Business, in which he chronicles his life experiences in business and sports.

Insiders and outsiders of the club have made it clear the takeover bid from an American consortium lead by Shark Tank investor Mark Cuban along with a potential new shirt sponsorship deal with Mobile gaming giants Fruity King is subject to Villa surviving in the Premier League this season.

There is also speculation that WWE boss Vince McMahon is part of the consortium looking to buy the the west midlands club (but our source made no mention on Mr McMahon).

A source close to the club told Winner Sports: “Fruity King is keen to out-bid Dafabet for the shirt sponsorship and Mr Cuban is fully aware of Aston Villa and is open to investing his time and competing in the English Premier League. Things are happening behind the scenes”

The Villa fan’s will be ecstatic if any takeover talks progress and have already been playful via social media regarding the news of a potential new shirt sponsor for next season.

Edited by Villan4Life

Â