The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I wish they'd let us know if the club is actually still for sale or at least some journalist would try and find out for us.

Why would you think it wasn't?

The clubs last stance on it is that it's for sale, there's no reason to think otherwise.

I still think it most probably is and all's quiet just because the club want everybody's mind of the fact we're for sale while the season is ongoing.

But little things like talk of renaming stands and Randy attending games for the first time in ages make me doubt it a little.

From refusing a sponsor on the shirt, to wanting sponsorship for a stand. That sums up his tenure perfectly.

Yeah it's like something had changed during that time, like financial restrictions on clubs spending...

Anyone blaming Lerner for this obviously doesn't see the reality of where football is right now, we want new players, we want competitive wages, but we don't want the huge income stream that selling our soul provides, sorry but it's in for a penny in for a pound, fox can sell the lot to whoever he likes and long as they pay enough and randy pumps it in to the squad

I also don't see why anyone on here ever believes that the Holte End will ever be anything other than the Holte End, or VP be VP, sticking someone else's name on it won't change what we call it just what sky and the rest of that horrible part of football call it

I said it sums his tenure up, not it sums up why Lerner is a crap chairman. I've plenty of those reasons if you want them?

The whole Man City/PSG thing can still be done even after FFP. 

But it's going to cost twice as much and take at least twice as long to build a squad who can compete for a CL-spot.

Not hard to see why this is no longer such a tempting idea even after the massive increase in TV-money

• Like 1

The whole Man City/PSG thing can still be done even after FFP.

But it's going to cost twice as much and take at least twice as long to build a squad who can compete for a CL-spot.

Not hard to see why this is no longer such a tempting idea even after the massive increase in TV-money

This and they are likely to amend the rules to increase the fines if clubs start to ignore it

• Like 1

To my knowlege reading in the media and a little bit of proven ITK, I believe the club was sold!!!  Its just not Lerner's way to come out and say we are for sale if a sale of some sort wasn't in progress, Unfortunately for a reason unknown to us it fell through. He now knows he will have to raise further capital and invest in the squad/club to have any further chance of a sale and I think this will be work in progress over the next couple of seasons. So to me yes the club is still for sale, but I think we need more success and sustainability before we will be close to a sale again.

Why not rename the ticket office, club shop and Holte pub whilst we're at it.

Signs of desperation this one, looks like Lerner would sell his own mother now rather than put his hand in his own pocket anymore.

If he was that bothered why not call it " The Holte Lerner Holdings Ltd Stand" and pay us more than the going rate than we would get from Papa Johns Pizza.

He couldn't keep a rabbit going with lettuce

Proud History, Bright Future my arse!

I understand your point, but this is the situation now with FFP - the owner can't just put his hand in his pocket, the club has to generate the income.

FFP is basically there to keep the big boys big, and the rest of us feeding from scraps.

There are more than enough sticks to hit Lerner with, but the FFP situation in world football is not one of them IMO.

Edited by Woody1000

Signs of desperation this one, looks like Lerner would sell his own mother now rather than put his hand in his own pocket anymore.

If he was that bothered why not call it " The Holte Lerner Holdings Ltd Stand" and pay us more than the going rate than we would get from Papa Johns Pizza.

I understand your point, but this is the situation now with FFP - the owner can't just put his hand in his pocket, the club has to generate the income.

FFP is basically there to keep the big boys big, and the rest of us feeding from scraps.

There are more than enough sticks to hit Lerner with, but the FFP situation in world football is not one of them IMO.

You miss my golden point pal!.. 

You can look at this two ways.

First is pure stupidity because surely it makes selling the stadium naming rights more difficult

Second they do plan to really sell the stadium naming rights and this us a way to ease it into the fans consciousness

I don't know about you but I have never referred to any stadium by anything other than its original name.

Whatever our ground, or stands, are called 'officially', we will all still refer to them by their original name.

Plus, if we can actually get some decent money for it (unlikely) and help us to buy and fund the wages of a new decent player each season, do it.

• Like 1

You miss my golden point pal!..

Breaks FFP rules look up why Man City and PSG got fined

• Like 1

I don't know about you but I have never referred to any stadium by anything other than its original name.

Whatever our ground, or stands, are called 'officially', we will all still refer to them by their original name.

Plus, if we can actually get some decent money for it (unlikely) and help us to buy and fund the wages of a new decent player each season, do it.

Do you call West Ham's stadium The Boleyn Ground or Upton Park?

Â