The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Where were we in the transfer/wage league when we won the league and where were we when. Atkinson won the league cup where were in the league when we finished second under graham Taylor mk1 and where were in the wages/ transfer league when Brian little won the league cup?

Edited by TRO

Where were we in the transfer/wage league when we won the league and where were we when. Atkinson won the league cup where were in the league when we finished second under graham Taylor mk1 and where were in the wages/ transfer league when Brian little won the league ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation

;)

• Like 1

Where were we in the transfer/wage league when we won the league and where were we when. Atkinson won the league cup where were in the league when we finished second under graham Taylor mk1 and where were in the wages/ transfer league when Brian little won the league ?

You mean in the period before everything went absolutely batshit mental and is therefore incomparable with today? 

• Like 1

You mean in the period before everything went absolutely batshit mental and is therefore incomparable with today? 

but it is all relative to the period we were in at the time.....I'm not suggesting comparing with today.

;)

perhaps i was tired and bored as well.

but it is all relative to the period we were in at the time.....I'm not suggesting comparing with today.

;)

Meh, it was only a cheap shot!

Cheap shots are all that people like me have got, considering to go on topic isn't possible because Lerner has fallen silent, again, after failing to sell his abusive bedfellow.

;)

Meh, it was only a cheap shot!

Cheap shots are all that people like me have got, considering to go on topic isn't possible because Lerner has fallen silent, again, after failing to sell his abusive bedfellow.

i did see the funny side....just joking too.

you have to have a sense of humour following us.

According to the mirror Lerner wants to sell the naming rights to the holte end

.....Here we go. tip of the iceberg.

can't sell it.... so do it in building blocks

Edited by TRO

The world is what the world is, we need to do whatever we can to try to retain some sort of competitiveness - the only way to do that is to increase revenue, your spending is limited to what you bring in, so we need to do absolutely everything we can to bring in income. They can paint it pink and call it Sheila quite frankly, it'll be the Holte End to you and me no matter what they do, if it can bring us in some money, then good.

The world is what the world is, we need to do whatever we can to try to retain some sort of competitiveness - the only way to do that is to increase revenue, your spending is limited to what you bring in, so we need to do absolutely everything we can to bring in income. They can paint it pink and call it Sheila quite frankly, it'll be the Holte End to you and me no matter what they do, if it can bring us in some money, then good.

Thin end of the wedge for me.

Its like a business that sells a property to stay in business.....its short lived and soon there will be a further need for money and no property to sell.

The best way to raise money .....is buy and sell well.....if we can't find a sugar daddy.

Like previously mentioned, it will always be the Holte End.  It's only naming rights that are being put up for sale so not a big deal imo but then again it all depends on where the money goes, into the club or into Lerners pocket...

There was a time that I would've argued this, but this is the position we find ourselves in.

I know that it'll always be The Holte to 'us', but it will still be a sad day for me when it goes by another name.

"They're running out of time here, Villa need a goal to keep them in the Premier League, but they have a corner in front of this famous old stand. What's this? Even Guzan is in the area . . . the ball comes in . . . it's bounced up . . . and you'll never believe this, Guzan has scored! I can't believe the scenes in front of my eyes! The fans are going wild in the Dafabet End!"

Something to look forward to. 

Â