The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Pat Murphy just claimed on 5 Live we've dispensed with Merrill Lynch, the firm we employed to sell us and.....Lerner will now happily sell for 75m, so half of the perceived amount he wanted.

If true I'm happy despite these resignations as this has been one of the things I've demanded from him in the last few weeks. 

Let's hope this is true and we have a buyer waiting to strike. One nagging fear I have is that Bernstein and King know who the buyers are and don't want anything to do with them because they're even worse than Lerner. Not likely but I don't know what to believe now.

20 minutes ago, coda said:

Just on 5Live (think it was Pat Murphy) said something along the lines of Lerner would now accept £75m taking a hit of £200m.

Murphy is in on a lot of info - reckon he is Bevington's pal. First Moyes, now this. Great news though.

It's OK Lerner lowering the asking price to £75m but what about any debt that a potential buyer may also have to take on? If that's say £100m on top, it's still a lot of money to ask for what is currently a big bag of shit. 

PS: Lerner, you are a despicable fool of the highest order and I hope you end up penniless. 

40 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Pat Murphy just claimed on 5 Live we've dispensed with Merrill Lynch, the firm we employed to sell us and.....Lerner will now happily sell for 75m, so half of the perceived amount he wanted.

If true I'm happy despite these resignations as this has been one of the things I've demanded from him in the last few weeks. 

Hmm. Surely keeping Merrill Lynch would aid the sale of the club? Especially at that fee

9 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Hmm. Surely keeping Merrill Lynch would aid the sale of the club? Especially at that fee

Does seem odd. Unless Lerner had a deal whereby they took a slice over a certain sum and the reputed £75 mill is below the threshold?

47 minutes ago, villarocker said:

It's OK Lerner lowering the asking price to £75m but what about any debt that a potential buyer may also have to take on? If that's say £100m on top, it's still a lot of money to ask for what is currently a big bag of shit. 

We've got about £30m of debt.

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Let's hope this is true and we have a buyer waiting to strike. One nagging fear I have is that Bernstein and King know who the buyers are and don't want anything to do with them because they're even worse than Lerner. Not likely but I don't know what to believe now.

I don't think so otherwise king would not have said that the only way forward was to sell the club as quickly as possible. It is purely something that Lerner has done

3 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

The scariest thing is that whoever our club is sold to we do not know their intentions or vision. He could sell the club to anyone...

I'm happy to take my chances. Because we're only going one direction under him. 

Â