The Randy Lerner thread

CI

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Lerners new price is literally giving the club away when you tot up all the assets. A sale is going to happen now more than ever.

Falling out of the Premier League cost him a fortune. Now any new owner might get the club on the cheap but they know they'll have to invest alot just ot get the club competitive in the championship. Speculate to accumalate I think it's called.

Until the club is sold the downward spiral won't end. Might as well forget about Villa until we get a new owner as the current one is beyond incompotent.

8 minutes ago, Richard said:

worse than ellis by some considerable distance

Almost on a par with Ellis in 87, although Ellis started from a title winning and european cup and supercup winning squad. Which Randy didn't. 

To get to Ellis levels Randy would then have to miss out on a chance to push on from finishing second in the league and misunderstand what the new premier league would bring. Then refuse to capitalise on both Brian Little and John Gregory's good work by not investing more when we had a top 4 squad to at least keep us there.

So not yet as bad as Ellis, but you know the start is similar, just Randy is a bit slower in getting us relegated from a worse starting point.

• Like 4

I honestly find it very hard to get angry with the guy. I really do.

I obviously recognise his failings but I don't agree with the vile abuse he receives.

Ive always been in the mindset that he's the owner. He can do what the hell he likes with it. And I continue to be confused when people disagree with this. Sure I get the frustration with having to accept that but we don't really have a choice. 

All this protesting 'our club' nonsense is a waste of time imo. He ain't gonna sell because we've attempted to make life difficult for him by holding up a bit of paper reading a message he's no doubt already familiar with. He can't wait to get rid of it and has probably been in that mindset for 3/4 years.

I don't see anything that he gets as a reward for being the aston villa owner and is no doubt as **** off as we are. He probably would just like to be able to hire a group of people that can do their jobs in an adult fashion, without thinking they know best and be able to come to an agreement as a team. 

He probably also expects players on extortionate wages to do as they are bloody well told, act as professional athletes and shut the **** up. 

Like I say, I recognise his failings and he shoulders a fair proportion of the blame. It's just pointless 'attacking' him as I'm certain he is wanting rid.

You can understand why that has taken so long too. I mean who in their right mind will want to buy this crock of shit?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Almost on a par with Ellis in 87, although Ellis started from a title winning and european cup and supercup winning squad. Which Randy didn't. 

To get to Ellis levels Randy would then have to miss out on a chance to push on from finishing second in the league and misunderstand what the new premier league would bring. Then refuse to capitalise on both Brian Little and John Gregory's good work by not investing more when we had a top 4 squad to at least keep us there.

So not yet as bad as Ellis, but you know the start is similar, just Randy is a bit slower in getting us relegated from a worse starting point.

I don't think Doug caused the long term damage that this guy is going to. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I obviously recognise his failings but I don't agree with the vile abuse he receives.

Ive always been in the mindset that he's the owner. He can do what the hell he likes with it. And I continue to be confused when people disagree with this. Sure I get the frustration with having to accept that but we don't really have a choice. 

All this protesting 'our club' nonsense is a waste of time imo. He ain't gonna sell because we've attempted to make life difficult for him by holding up a bit of paper reading a message he's no doubt already familiar with. He can't wait to get rid of it and has probably been in that mindset for 3/4 years.

I don't see anything that he gets as a reward for being the aston villa owner and is no doubt as **** off as we are. He probably would just like to be able to hire a group of people that can do their jobs in an adult fashion, without thinking they know best and be able to come to an agreement as a team. 

He probably also expects players on extortionate wages to do as they are bloody well told, act as professional athletes and shut the **** up. 

Like I say, I recognise his failings and he shoulders a fair proportion of the blame. It's just pointless 'attacking' him as I'm certain he is wanting rid.

You can understand why that has taken so long too. I mean who in their right mind will want to buy this crock of shit?

I wish there was an unlike option. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

10 out of 10 for not going with the majority view and having an independent opinion, but pretty much disagree with every word.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

It would be ideal for those who can't respond with a decent debate ;)

You've decided he can do what ever he wants and defend him for it. What's there to debate? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, romavillan said:

And when we got relegated the last time, it looked very bleak too.

There wasn't the financial gap between premier league and lower league clubs back then. 

But I'm sure we'll be ok. 

• Like 1

I don't accept that what he does should be accepted simply because he is the owner. I think there is something fundamentally wrong with one person having so much power over anything, never mind a football club. I think any protests should focus on demanding a better ownership model, because I agree that the current protests are largely meaningless as the disparity in power between owner & fan is too great to overcome with a few chants and banners. I also don't think he should be abused the way he is. He's incompetent, and he's privileged up to his eyeballs and lives in a different world from most of us and as a result I don't think has a clear grasp of reality - both of which make him a terrible owner - but I don't think he's a bad person and don't think he's out to destroy Villa because fans sing his name. He's most likely embarrassed that his pet project went so wrong. He'll cut his losses (which are a drop in the ocean to his personal wealth, frankly) and find something else to keep him occupied.

That is until the revolution comes and he and all the other billionaires are taxed.until they're left with little ;)

10 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

It would be ideal for those who can't respond with a decent debate ;)

Sometimes things are so laughably wrong that debating the opinion is futile. Your opening line of that post is just that, laughable.

• Like 2

Just now, Gary Thomas said:

10 out of 10 for not going with the majority view and having an independent opinion, but pretty much disagree with every word.

That's fine. 

I honestly don't see how randy is being rewarded from this. Not saying he deserves rewarding or anything but I find it unbelievable that people seem angry and shocked that in the most part, he puts himself first.

I think because football effects such a large audience emotionally, it is more exaggerated when people are left hard done by. 

Listening to talksport this morning they were really drumming home the question of 'what must it feel like to be a villa fan'.

Actually, it feels exactly the same, we just win less football matches. Were not even less successful trophy wise.

Step away from the emotion and it really isn't THAT big of a deal. 

4 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

You've decided he can do what ever he wants and defend him for it. What's there to debate? 

I've not decided nor defended him.

That's the truth, he can. I've accepted it...... a long long time ago.

1 minute ago, Woodytom said:

That's fine. 

I honestly don't see how randy is being rewarded from this. Not saying he deserves rewarding or anything but I find it unbelievable that people seem angry and shocked that in the most part, he puts himself first.

I think because football effects such a large audience emotionally, it is more exaggerated when people are left hard done by. 

Listening to talksport this morning they were really drumming home the question of 'what must it feel like to be a villa fan'.

Actually, it feels exactly the same, we just win less football matches. Were not even less successful trophy wise.

Step away from the emotion and it really isn't THAT big of a deal. 

You say that, but one of the first things Randy ever said to us as fans acknowledged that football is something different and that he is just a custodian. 

Maybe if he hadn't have said that people would be less angry but he did.

2 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I've not decided nor defended him.

That's the truth, he can. I've accepted it...... a long long time ago.

So there's nothing to debate. What ever anyone says, you'll respond with that he can do what he wants. 

Â