The Randy Lerner thread

CI

11 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Pity the rest of Lerner body didn't go as well. Ultimately it wasn't his heart that was the problem, it was his brain. I am far from a suspicious man but he is a curse on our house.

I am not disagreeing on this one Mike

but you know, what I mean

However, despite all his brainless efforts....his money came in handy, because if all these poor decisions had of happened under HDE we would have gone bust.

I guess if you could have a hybrid of both of them, we might have got a good owner.

Dougs brain and Randy's money.

2 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Wonder if Cockwomble Randy will make a statement himself or is the little coward going to hide away behind Hollis'?

I think that's incredibly unlikely now he's hired a chairman who runs the club for him.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I think that's incredibly unlikely now he's hired a chairman who runs the club for him.

He has Krulak there, so he is involved - if indirectly. From what I know of things previously, Randy is a control freak so he will not let go completely. Finally, if he isn't selling as Fox suggested he is perhaps not a willing seller now, he needs to speak.

A control freak with a record of unmitigated incompetence, dogged by bad luck, that has lost interest in the project, but is racked by indecision on whether to sell up or not.

**** magic.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

it really is a sorry state of affairs when the one person who needs to be sacked can't be sacked because they own the bloody thing.

Never again should it be allowed to happen.

Without being fan owned or at least owned by a pretty large group of very interested individuals, it's the nature of the beast isn't it? Any owner is going ot be a billy big bollox rich clearing in the woods looking for something out of owning us. Getting the right billy big bollox who only gets shits and giggles watching his team play exciting football and winning things judging by the amount of total knob ends who own clubs seems to be near impossible.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DK82 said:

He has Krulak there, so he is involved - if indirectly. From what I know of things previously, Randy is a control freak so he will not let go completely. Finally, if he isn't selling as Fox suggested he is perhaps not a willing seller now, he needs to speak.

Krulak I imagine just sits in the corner at board meetings just talking about the war. He reminds me of Uncle Albert

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Wonder if Cockwomble Randy will make a statement himself or is the little coward going to hide away behind Hollis'?

I don't want him to.

The best scenario is that he sells us.

The second best is that he has as little input into how the club is being run as possible.

22 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Does the Chairman run the club? or does Lerner still hold the purse strings? Whoever controls the money runs the club. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

Does the Chairman run the club? or does Lerner still hold the purse strings? Whoever controls the money runs the club. 

Running the club to Randy's strategy which remains unchanged

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

All this stalling on next year's budget - maybe Randy has found a buyer...

I highly doubt he'll sell the club until we're back in the Premier League.

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I highly doubt he'll sell the club until we're back in the Premier League.

I'm not so sure. Nobody has wanted to buy us as a premier league club. Maybe with the price lowered, there will be more interest in buying a championship club with potential. 

Just now, DCJonah said:

I'm not so sure. Nobody has wanted to buy us as a premier league club. Maybe with the price lowered, there will be more interest in buying a championship club with potential. 

Our value will be lowered.

I doubt our price will.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Genie said:

I am still at a loss how we can have such a shit, small squad and still be losing so much money? Where is it all going?

Overspend - can't afford to run the club.

At that point we don't bring in extra sponsorship or market the club well.

so we cut, fall down the table and bring in less money, whilst being unable to market the club as we are not 'marketable'.

So we cut more to make up the difference but keep losing money based on this, yet still offer large contracts to players.

In order to spend we need to sell players, so we do this and lose two players who made a difference, but we still lose money and fall behind due to a lack of investment over a period of 5 years.

Â