The Randy Lerner thread

CI

12 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

image.jpg

Having confused feelings about Jack "Harley Quinn" Grealish. 

you would get good odds on at least 3 of them shooting them self by mistake

• Like 1

So Lerner hires people to run the club and when they start to run the club properly he blocks it and makes the decisions. Well why the fark is the club hiring all these pro's to run the club when you wont let them Randy? How about you just leave the club. i hope there is a massive protest against Lerner at our next home game.. ALL GAME. We are down now so who gives a shit. Create havoc lads. Its time we get this ponce out of the club. 

• Like 1

This is my theory:

Bernstein has been here about a month.  Probably just enough time to do a Root and branch review of the club, analyse the issues and write a paper and submit it to Hollis and Lerner.

There is a board meeting attended by vtc by Lerner, he is uncomfortable on some of the changes and wants to adopt some but not all of the suggestions.  Hollie later tries to get Bernstein and King to compromise the suggestions.  Bernstein and King realise that Lerner is not really relinquishing control and resign.

who knows what it was about though.  It could be Lerner wanted to appoint Moyes and give him a chequebook.  Bernstein and King have disagreed and want a sustainable model.  It will probably come out in the wash, but until we know the area of disagreement it is silly to pillory Lerner.

• Like 1

So Apparently Hollis is in extensive negotiations with new potential buyer... Can we assume that Bernstein and King's resignations was not in approval of said buyer?..

13 minutes ago, Kingman said:

So Apparently Hollis is in extensive negotiations with new potential buyer... Can we assume that Bernstein and King's resignations was not in approval of said buyer?..

Either way its not going to be good news for us is it.. Why would they disapprove of new ownership when their resignation letters state the club needs a new owner? Club hogwash again. They know it distracts the fans. Not buying it........ F off Randy. I hope the fans really give him hell.. Even though he wont be there to see it.. the papers will find their way to Cleveland or New York. 

20 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Nah, that's just a smokescreen, thrown in to try and placate fans and take the flack away from them. Reports seem to indicate it's just a change of company trying to flog us rather than a sale to anyone in particular. Hence why a manager search is still going ahead.

They don't need to look far. The only person to want the job will be in the local asylum.

Edited by Pilchard
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Nah, that's just a smokescreen, thrown in to try and placate fans and take the flack away from them. Reports seem to indicate it's just a change of company trying to flog us rather than a sale to anyone in particular. Hence why a manager search is still going ahead.

They don't need to look far. The only person to want the job will be in the local asylum.

Agreed,  They came,  they saw, they advised and they **** off.  The Sale thing is bolox,  who is going to buy this for anything more than the value of the buildings needs a lobotomy.  It is not a viable business and any due diligence performed by a prospective buyer will show this.  **** me,  what next,  the Doug Ellis stand is 90 % asbestos ?

To be honest,  this is going to sound bad but.... maybe like any drug addict or someone suffering severe mental illness.  We need to hit rock bottom before things can get better.  We are nowhere near that yet.  The refusal of the supporters to buy season tickets next year on masse is an option.  Puts us in the driving seat and until **** face c0ckwobble lerner **** off the business is not viable.  It will mean picketing VP and if the avfc website kept getting a DOS then this would be unfortunate also.  I was heartbroken but now I think we need to fight.  He is having a laugh,  there are kids who have been going down the Villa with their dads just like I used to do that have hardly ever seen us play well or win a **** game,  this is not good enough.  

The full extent of the protesting needs to happen before next season starts otherwise we'll be looking at another season of discontent and disruption like this one. All the anger needs to be released ASAP on Lerner because he's the only one who can make a difference between us coming back into the Premier League or, at best, staying in the Championship.

I say "at best" because we are such a shambles right now - on and off the pitch - that I can seriously envisage us keeping the rotten core of playing staff, who so obviously don't give a toss about the club or us fans, and being relegated in to League One. 

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Lerners new price is literally giving the club away when you tot up all the assets. A sale is going to happen now more than ever.

I think you are over valuing our assets. The land our buildings sit on is hardly prime. The players are operating at a loss. A fire sale of everything would do wel to raise even half the asking price.

40 minutes ago, villarocker said:

we are such a shambles right now - on and off the pitch - that I can seriously envisage us keeping the rotten core of playing staff, who so obviously don't give a toss about the club or us fans, and being relegated in to League One. 

Once again Lerner has snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.  We were on a path with the new structure and Bernstein.  IF Randy had gone along with the board's proposals and say appointed someone like Moyes we would probably be back in the prem in a year or two doing OK with full pockets.  But Lerner’s unwillingness to back Bernstein et al has changed the course of history for the club and I genuinely fear where that path could take us. We have to pray a decent buyer comes in for us or we are going to sink.

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

There is nothing in either resignation letter that suggests they have resigned due to the imminent sale of the club. Quite the opposite in fact. Merv Kings letter does actually explicitly state though that the club can only move forward with new ownership.

To me this latest episode suggests that Bernstein and King came in to carry out a review alongside Little. That review has been carried out and some of their recommendations have been ignored. I’d imagine it is a major part of those recommendations that will not be acted upon to make them walk as you do not resign over minor issues

The line within the latest club statement about extensive negotiations with regard to a sale I think is a smokescreen. They have recently employed a new company to assist in finding a buyer so I’d imagine that is who the negotiations are with but that doesn't mean anyone is interested let alone that a sale is close. I would be extremely surprised if the club is sold any time soon.

The whole thing is a mess. Absent owner, a chairman who has never been involved with a club before let alone run one, no manager, no CEO, aside from Little no football nous/experience on the board. You’d think relegation being confirmed would have been the catalyst to start the fight back now. It seems it was simply the catalyst for further incompetence from Randy Lerner.

Well put Mark. 

I Guess this is another blue skys thinking idea from the Krulak school of propaganda, Just another cocktail of collaborating red tape and bull shit.

Edited by Kingman

Â