The Randy Lerner thread

CI

3 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

The scariest thing is that whoever our club is sold to we do not know their intentions or vision. He could sell the club to anyone...

This concerns me as well. I think Lerner just wants rid now. He's going to sell to the first person that offers the amount he wants. He's not going to care what happens afterwards. He just wants out. We'll possibly be sold to the latest Venkys or Vincent Tan.

• Like 1

He should have done the decent thing years ago and lowered the asking price. He's now left us in a complete mess with him desperate to get rid. 

The potential long term damage he's doing to this club makes him so much worse than Doug. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chindie said:

This concerns me as well. I think Lerner just wants rid now. He's going to sell to the first person that offers the amount he wants. He's not going to care what happens afterwards. He just wants out. We'll possibly be sold to the latest Venkys or Vincent Tan.

Hopefully Hollis 'extensive talks' if this is happening is understanding the prospective buyers vision for the club ect

We get a new owner with funds great.. what about the board room? would they have football knowledge?  would they have the know how to run a club?

1 hour ago, villarocker said:

PS: Lerner, you are a despicable fool of the highest order and I hope you end up penniless. 

He's certainly going the right way about it

Edited by sidcow
Correction

18 minutes ago, Chindie said:

This is my biggest concern now. It seems like a panic firesale and we could end up owned by any chancer. The championship is littered with these sorts. Wealthy but not quite wealthy enough and interested enough to actually do anything so we just bumble along in the championship for years and even if we get lucky one year and promoted they don't make a fist of it and cream the profits 

Or worse we get an actual crook scum like 

1 minute ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Hopefully Hollis 'extensive talks' if this is happening is understanding the prospective buyers vision for the club ect

We get a new owner with funds great.. what about the board room? would they have football knowledge?  would they have the know how to run a club?

You'd hope so but Hollis is employed to run the club within Lerner's budgets and get it sold, I don't think they care about afterwards. Lerner just wants to sever the ties, take his money and run. Hollis is largely employed to do that and in the meantime run the club so Lerner can wash his hands of it.

I'll be very surprised if we come out of a sale (be that next week or more likely years from now) with a 'good' owner.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

This is my biggest concern now. It seems like a panic firesale and we could end up owned by any chancer. The championship is littered with these sorts. Wealthy but not quite wealthy enough and interested enough to actually do anything so we just bumble along in the championship for years and even if we get lucky one year and promoted they don't make a fist of it and cream the profits 

The last time we had one of those.....Don Bendall.....we won the European Cup 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chindie said:

If he sells us to anyone who offers the right amount, it has a chance of working.

Imagine the word removed we'd end up with if Lerner tries to find the next 'custodian'. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Right now.....Arkwright would be a promising shout.

16 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

If he sells us to anyone who offers the right amount, it has a chance of working.

Imagine the word removed we'd end up with if Lerner tries to find the next 'custodian'. 

thats the problem, lerner is asking for far too much for the club when it simply isnt worth it, he wants all his money back which he wont get,

he will struggle to sell this club for even half of what he wants.

and to the potential buyer, they wont be walking into a well run business with everything sorted and nothing to worry about, it has no board, match day staff losing their jobs, an over paid under performing first team that cant even beat bournmouth and plans to improve the stadium that have been shelved for (must be around) 16 years.

the only good thing randy has done, was pay to refurb and open the holte end pub, and even that is stupidly overpriced.

2 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I think these "extensive talks" will go the same way as previous prospective deals to sell the club that tend to crop up at the end of a season (although it could be said our season is over now) have gone and that is nowhere. The shock for me is that our "custodian" has gone early this time and has played the "new owner coming card" to deflect us away from the reasoning behind Bernstein and King's resignations rather than to try to sell season tickets. I suspect however that this latest phantom takeover will be dragged out until the season ticket purchase deadline dates are gone to try to serve both purposes before it is declared dead.   

Edited by John
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

The scariest thing is that whoever our club is sold to we do not know their intentions or vision. He could sell the club to anyone...

but at least he cant sell to himself ;)

Â