U.S. Politics

maqroll

A few of the responses to Trump's statement.

Two Virginia state police officers died in the crash, one counter protester died. This can be blamed directly on the Liberal Charlottesville City Council and Mayor for voting to take down a statue of Robert E. Lee, which is protected by state law. In Virginia, the removal of such monuments is illegal. So no protesters at all would have been here if the Liberal City Council and Mayor had not tried to erase history.

Driver of the car CONFIRMED as an #ANTIFAmember!! 
At this time it's unknown if the driver thought he was running down one of the peaceful demonstrators Or if it was an attempt to blame them yet didn't successfully get away.

DRIVER OF CAR WAS A #Liberal #FarLeft #Terrorist 

Anywhere these people go there's always #Violence #Looting#BlockingTraffic

#BLM & #Antifa are #DomesticTerrorists

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH !

#Charlottesville

https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump/?hc_ref=ARQXmTC27eeXslUMPsd3WVF9x7Yxg86FVXe0GinPBgpn3wYEel4hH46m3mQkSqQJzTQ

@TheAuthority unfortunately, I believe it's from this weekend - but I've only got that as a 'twitter fact'

here's another one, a black american police officer protecting a guy with an anti Jew placard and a guy doing a nazi salute

DHFy4FeXoAAe4Rd.jpg

these scum are no better or worse than scum of any other colours or creeds

retards

• Like 1

With the Robert E Lee comment this is all starting to make sense

in the ex confederate south they have flags and statues celebrating the fact that their army fought to keep black people as slaves, there is a statue of a confederate general in that city that black people will see every day as a reminder of their oppression, slowly the various town / city governments are scrapping them, which is of course "unfair" on white people...

Shockingly the driver of the car was an 'alt-right' (/euphemism) Trump supporter who is likely to have had extensive Nazi and far right views on Facebook recently and was spotted in the white supremacist front line with shield over the weekend. The group associated with the shields insists he wasn't a member.

I'm astonished.

Over a statue.

Utter scum. All of the 'alt-right'.

15 hours ago, Chindie said:

If those torches caught those ludicrous outfits alight, nothing of worth would be lost.

Trump's reaction was suitably shit. Point blank refused to acknowledge the white supremacist element. 

I look forward to sweeping away of questions about the murderer.

Governor of Virginia's statement was 10x more presidential and called out the white supremacists by name.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

@TheAuthority unfortunately, I believe it's from this weekend - but I've only got that as a 'twitter fact'

here's another one, a black american police officer protecting a guy with an anti Jew placard and a guy doing a nazi salute

DHFy4FeXoAAe4Rd.jpg

these scum are no better or worse than scum of any other colours or creeds

retards

This pic is from a rally in Charlottesville last month (apparently they're a regular thing). The one with the toddler is from the early 90s, you can see from how the police are dressed that it was a while ago.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, will87 said:

This pic is from a rally in Charlottesville last month (apparently they're a regular thing). The one with the toddler is from the early 90s, you can see from how the police are dressed that it was a while ago.

cheers

yeah I did try to qualify it as taken from twitter with the obvious risk that involves, but equally I did think that just as a photo it fitted the current situation

11 hours ago, Withnail said:

Yes that picture was from last month.  Not picking on anyone but I want to defend Charlottesville. .....Things were calmer today.

I have been to Charlotsville and an old friend lives in the converted coke bottling plant there. It's a wonderful, open minded liberal place. It's regularly voted one of the best places to live in the US.

Those  scumbags are all from out of state. What a truly awful day. The fish rots from the head.

• Like 1

Was Trump's failure to properly condemn domestic terrorism his biggest gaff last week, or is that still threatening nuclear war with North Korea? (I'm assuming his proposal to invade Venezuela was a mere musing... During a live press conference.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Awol said:

Was Trump's failure to properly condemn domestic terrorism his biggest gaff last week, or is that still threatening nuclear war with North Korea? (I'm assuming his proposal to invade Venezuela was a mere musing... During a live press conference.)

Hang on, another doozy...

Trump White House weighs unprecedented plan to privatize much of the war in Afghanistan.

The White House is actively considering a bold plan to turn over a big chunk of the U.S. war in Afghanistan to private contractors in an effort to turn the tide in a stalemated war, according to the former head of a security firm pushing the project.

Under the proposal, 5,500 private contractors, primarily former Special Operations troops, would advise Afghan combat forces. The plan also includes a 90-plane private air force that would provide air support in the nearly 16-year-old war against Taliban insurgents, Erik Prince, founder of the Blackwater security firm, told USA TODAY.

The unprecedented proposal comes as the U.S.-backed Afghan military faces a stalemate in the war and growing frustration by President Trump about the lack of progress in the war.

The U.S. military has 8,400 U.S. troops there to train and guide local forces. They do not have a direct combat role, and presumably would be replaced gradually by the contractors.

The plan remains under serious consideration within the White House despite misgivings by Trump's national security adviser, H.R. McMaster, an Army three-star general, and Defense Secretary Jim Mattis. Other White House officials, such as chief strategist Stephen Bannon, appear open to using private contractors.

“At what point do you say a conventional military approach in Afghanistan is not working,” said Prince, a former Navy SEAL. “Maybe we say that at 16 years.”

Blackwater, founded 1997, worked extensively in the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Prince sold the company in 2010.

The White House did not respond to requests for comment. 

Prince said the plan will cost less than $10 billion a year, significantly lower than the more than $40 billion the Pentagon has budgeted this year.

The prospect of accomplishing more with less money could appeal to a career businessman like Trump.

Prince, who has met frequently with administration officials to discuss his plan, is the brother of Trump's education secretary, Betsy Devos.

Under his proposal, private advisers would work directly with Afghanistan combat battalions throughout the country, and the air force would be used for medical evacuation, fire support and ferrying troops.

Prince said the contractors would be “adjuncts” of the Afghan military and would wear that nation’s military uniforms. Pilots would only drop ordnance with Afghan government approval, he said.

The quoted model is the East India Company, I shit thee not.

Â