U.S. Politics

maqroll

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Mueller has called for a grand jury. Now watch Trump try to fire Mueller and hell break loose.

Isn't the Senate pushing through legislation to prevent him doing that?

Besides, firing a bloke who everyone knows is obviously sniffing around you, as that is basically his job, would be stupid even for Trump.

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Besides, firing a bloke who everyone knows is obviously sniffing around you, as that is basically his job, would be stupid even for Trump.

What, like he did with Comey?

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

What, like he did with Comey?

Comey's job wasn't solely to investigate things that might damage Trump. Many people would agree that Comey went because Trump was threatened by him either not kowtowing to him or openly looking for links Trump didn't want found, but because there were other aspects to his job there's plausible deniability for sacking him that protects Trump.

With Mueller... Nope. Mueller is brought in to investigate the Russia thing and the Russia thing alone. There's no deniability if he bins him, there's nothing else you can spin as a reason, you would have to buy Trump promising his innocence and getting rid because Mueller was on a witch hunt without foundation. Which you'd need to be very stupid to accept.

He would be catastrophically thick to fire him. It would be tantamount to flying a flag saying, at best, 'I'm an imbecile', or more likely 'I'm guilty as ****'.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chindie said:

He would be catastrophically thick to fire him. It would be tantamount to flying a flag saying, at best, 'I'm an imbecile', or more likely 'I'm guilty as ****'.

Not like that would stop this moron :crylaugh:

Those transcripts alone; **** me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Not like that would stop this moron :crylaugh:

Those transcripts alone; **** me.

He is a moron. It's just if he's that stupid, they should be dragging him to a home. They probably should anyway, I'm part convinced he's got the early stages of dementia.

Saying that there was a report earlier in the week that said Trump was basically ignoring legal advice because he's so convinced he's done nothing wrong he can't incriminate himself. Which might mean he's so stupid he doesn't realise when he's broken the law. Or doesn't realise he can potentially land himself in trouble even if he's done nothing wrong by saying and doing stuff now. Or he's so confident he and his team have done nothing wrong he doesn't care and all the smoke is literally coincidence. Or he's very confident nobody will be able to connect the dots.

Either way sacking Mueller only serves to throw petrol on the fire that he's guilty of something.

12 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Booooo Awful CGI Jabba - Give me the original gangsta or GTFO ;)

Apologies.

The best Jabba I saw (and I don't have a picture) was in a live performance at the Fringe, Star Wars trilogy in 30 minutes, by a US school group.  Jabba was their class teacher, who was draped resplendently on a sofa with his belly, a tribute to the US fast food industry, drooping towards the ground.  Absolutely no CGI involved, just doughnuts over an extended period.

• Like 1

Zuckerberg is also alleged to have engaged a few names behind Obama's and Clinton's campaigns.

I'm not sure a man that effectively has dirt on most of the planet should be running for president.

Also he's one of the least human people on the planet.

• Like 3

This is quite interesting on one difference between northern and southern European cultures, and how Trump's operating style can be seen.

The connection she doesn't make, but should, is that his style is that of a mafioso.  He learnt from his lawyer and mentor, the crooked Ray Cohn.

...what creates social glue in the Mediterranean region is not government; instead it is a sense of "honour", which means defending family and friends at all costs against perceived enemies, never mind the law...

Or if that link doesn't work, it's the top story on this search.

• Like 1

Trump threatens North Korea with 'fire and fury'

US President Donald Trump says North Korea "will be met with fire and fury" if it threatens the US.

His comments came after a Washington Post report, citing US intelligence officials, said Pyongyang had produced a nuclear warhead small enough to fit inside its missiles.

This would mean the North is developing nuclear weapons capable of striking the US at a much faster rate than expected.

The UN recently approved further economic sanctions against the country.

The Security Council unanimously agreed to ban North Korean exports and limit investments, prompting fury from North Korea and a vow to make the "US pay a price".

The heated rhetoric between the two leaders intensified after Pyongyang tested two intercontinental ballistic missiles in July, claiming it now had the ability to hit the US.

Mr Trump told reporters on Tuesday: "North Korea best not make any more threats to the US. They will be met with fire and fury like the world has never seen."

His finger being on the button horrifies me.

Â