U.S. Politics

maqroll

I honestly don't know what's wrong with Donald. It baffles me that he goes after people (Ted Cruz, Mrs Cruz, McCain, anyone who quits his team etc) but doesn't do after hillbilly racist thugs who do things in his name? He's clearly got this weird way of feeling helpless when it comes to denouncing people who say they like him and warmed to him. Meanwhile the impeachment is nowhere to be seen.

Donald: You need to name the bad guys to be able to deal with them.

A year later..

Donald: I didn't say their names because saying their names would legitimise their cause.

-----------------------

Donald: Obama didn't call out radical Islam enough.

Some racist dipshit drives into protesters.

Donald: There's hate on all sides...

The US is starting to look a bit like the Weimar republic. Red shirts vs brown shirts. Far right supremacists vs far left marxists. (antifa)

Edited by magnkarl

once again i find it absolutely astonishing that someone who is such a piss poor public speaker could win that position, thats before you take in the content of what he's actually saying...

im sure "he tells it like it is" was banded about by his supporters, does he ****, he makes up bullshit as he goes along

I've just seen that press conference, absolutely mental. I mean he sort of has a point that any violence should be condemned, from whatever 'side'. I have no doubt there are militant left wing elements who are quite happy to be violent.

But surely one of the biggest issues is that he wouldn't denounce people with Nazi flags, doing Hitler salutes etc (for which there was clear evidence, despite his bizarre excuse about waiting for facts), and given the chance to condemn it again today, he has failed to do so. 

Turning up to protest displaying swastikas is not leaning to one side of the political spectrum, its not defending statues or whatever else he was on about. It's quite clearly a 'side' no one should be on. 

From the bits i've seen, i thought the reporters did a poor job of calling him out on this.  They let him focus too much on the violence, where he could play to his wider support base with the 'two sides' argument, and gloss over the Nazi issue.

26 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I just came in to post this. Think it's an amalgamation of the above though.

I'm astonished they just sit there and let him say it. He's saying stuff so outrageous, so outright stupid, and often so rude they shouldn't let it lie.

Let him have enough rope to hang himself, sure (seems it takes a lot of rope mind, the crows would be pecking what remains on his bones by now were he not president). But when he's just demeaning your colleagues and peers? Talking down a journalist with 'I'm not finished Fake News' or exclaiming 'I watched it a lot more closely than you', just for pride in your profession, should have them booing the word removed. Or at least just having audible disdain for the complete clearing in the woods.

• Like 3

I believe Donald Trump's father was once arrested at a KKK march - but later released without charge.

He wasn't a bystander or a counter demonstrator, he was wearing the robes if contemporary newspaper reports are to be believed.

Vice

Newspaper clips obtained by VICE suggest the Republican frontrunner's father may have worn the robe and hood of a Klansman in 1927.

a-lot-of-old-newspapers-point-to-donald-

Â