U.S. Politics

maqroll

18 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

I consider myself an anti fascist, and I'm left wing, and I'm an ex member of Momentum nationally (but still a member locally), and I've been to anti EDL / Nazi demonstrations. I've not encountered one violent incident, instigated by anyone in the circles I've kept.

The accusation is about deflection, classic 'whataboutery', and plenty of people buy into it if it suits their preconceived ideas. 

The thing with Trump is, he is now exposed for what he is (if people didn't already see it in the primaries for whatever reason). Surly more people are against these views than support him (if not we are in massive trouble). I can't see how he could get voted in again if there is a credible opponent. People who would naturally vote against him last time were split, felt disenfranchised or were uninspired by their options whilst his rabid base were very motivated.

Surely he can't get that lucky for a second term?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

The accusation is about deflection, classic 'whataboutery', and plenty of people buy into it if it suits their preconceived ideas. 

The thing with Trump is, he is now exposed for what he is (if people didn't already see it in the primaries for whatever reason). Surly more people are against these views than support him (if not we are in massive trouble). I can't see how he could get voted in again if there is a credible opponent. People who would naturally vote against him last time were split, felt disenfranchised or were uninspired by their options whilst his rabid base were very motivated.

Surely he can't get that lucky for a second term?

The Democrats have to get it right.

Another Hillary and he'll win again.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

as a side it does appear that more people are dying of headshots in 2017 than 2106 so it suggests Americans are becoming better shots ....

or growing bigger heads...

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

as a side it does appear that more people are dying of headshots in 2017 than 2106 so it suggests Americans are becoming better shots ....

That sounds like a delightful statistical trajectory. Cheers from the past

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Seems like the opposite of what natural selection would select for under the circumstances. 

But that's just a theory. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

The Democrats have to get it right.

Another Hillary and he'll win again.

I don't think there is another Hillary - she was a real lightening rod for a lot of hate and dissatisfaction for whatever reason, justified or not.

Any other candidate, won't engender much hate, plus,  the past 7 months has completely eviscerated the view some non-voters in 2016 may have thought with regards to Trump being moderated in power.  The will to evict such a repugnant cretin would overcome reservations over the candidate chosen I am quite sure of that. Trump doesn't have the element of surprise, but now a growing track record of carnage and disrepute.

If the Democrats can't win the next election after this shit show I don't know what they are doing.. Here's a guy off his head screaming via twitter at anyone who dare defy him, with 3 of the biggest alt-right fascists as his advisers and he's still above 40% in his approval rating. What is going on with those 40% in America? I'm trying to find any president ever to compare him with, but he's even getting worse Harding in the way he can't actually manage to hold an argument.

He's now pissed off the CEO's of almost all of the biggest American brands, surely this can't go past Christmas?

25 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

If you haven't seen this already and you find yourself with a spare 22 minutes, it's absolutely worth watching.

Warning - NSFW.  Contains distressing scenes and naughty words.

Here's that guy from the documentary crying like a little ***** after hearing there might be a warrant out for his arrest. The irony is almost too delicious, when considering what he was saying about BLM. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â