Ashley Young

maqroll

I posted much earlier in this thread about him potentially doing a job in centre midfield. I didn't expect it to actually happen mind you, it was meant to be a hypothetical. 

All things considered he did very well and if he was to start there again, I would expect him to do even better. Fantastic mentality, which carried us through a very sticky situation. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I posted much earlier in this thread about him potentially doing a job in centre midfield. I didn't expect it to actually happen mind you, it was meant to be a hypothetical. 

All things considered he did very well and if he was to start there again, I would expect him to do even better. Fantastic mentality, which carried us through a very sticky situation. 

He's also a real leader too. Constantly talking to his team mates. Combined with his footballing intelligence, it's not hard to see why he's lasted so well. Wouldn't be surprised if he plays into his 40's.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I think he was just getting pissed because it was landing in Villas favor but the ref kept redoing it.

Yep, it looked like we won the toss but the ref insisted on a retake 

The penalty wasn't as bad as it will be made out to be, it can be a foot lower and still unsavable, looked like it was hit a bit too hard but the keeper was a non entity in it he's beat him 

Very poor today but his yellow card was a great decision and not convinced Targett wouldn't have already been on a yellow by that point and therefore unable to make the challenge.

(Although tbf a good ref display allowing a lot of robust challenges without cards is the only reason Ash didn't already have one).

Ash had to take a penalty with how experienced he is and the lack of it Inthe rest of the team but you kinda knew that it just wasn't his day and wasn't at all surprised he missed.

Onto the next but now I'm a bit worried about LB at United up against Ronaldo, Greenwood and Bruno. Whichever one we use

Surprised he put so much height on it....many of his good pens for us in 2008-10 period were low and down the middle.

He hit a similar one for England v Italy in euro 2012 shootout.

When experienced player like him early on misses in shootout it does have the feel of not being your night. Not sure taking it infront of Villa fans would've made much difference, would rather always go first tbh.

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Looked like a 36 year old today. 

Throughout poor performance. Offers nothing going forward and his defending was shaky. 

I thought he was fine. I think the missed penalty is making your judgement much harsher than it should be. 

31 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I thought he was fine. I think the missed penalty is making your judgement much harsher than it should be. 

disagree, I said well before it got to penalties that he was having a stinker, his passing and free kicks were woeful tonight

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Perhaps but not sure what he offered. 

Most their attacks went through his side and he didn't offer anything going forward. 

As of now Targett is miles ahead of him. 

Â