Ashley Young

maqroll

1 minute ago, Villa_Vids said:

Awful passing yesterday but solid enough alongside the other defenders.

Yeah even on an off day he knows the role inside out and recovered well. Wasted some freekicks and possession but he's not going to be on top form every week.

17 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Looked like a 36 year old today. 

Throughout poor performance. Offers nothing going forward and his defending was shaky. 

Agree, he did look poor, but our left side seemed to be targeted by Chelsea after the break. El Gahzi offered very little defensive cover which amplified Young's exposure.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Staggering he was brought on.  Even more staggering he wasn't subbed.

Ye looked like someone who used to play premier league football. Annoyingly though he wasnt getting the basics right, which should be the minimum. Was a really poor pass from him which 5 seconds later saw house and Konsa probably deserve to be sent off. 

• 3 weeks later...

If he does play he needs to play at full back. I don't really think he is the all round utility player they thought when they brought him in. He doesn't have the legs anymore other than a defensive position. I would give him  a 3-4 run at left back to see what he can offer. If it doesn't work then we need another full back in January, ideally one which could also play as a wing back.

I was really underwhelmed with this signing but tbh, I was wrong. His versatility is hard to match, and what he's lost in pace, he more than makes up for with his eye for a pass and good movement. That first goal doesn't happen if Buendia picks up the ball from Nakamba in that position, no way, no how.

I wouldn't mind him starting next week. My only concern is if he's got the legs for 90 minutes.

• Like 1

Â