Ashley Westwood

Nabby

You don't like people enjoying football do you? It's just something I've picked up over the years. You think it's churlish. 

eh? What you on about. You asked who raved about him? 

It clearly annoys you. That is a general point.

So if a player has a really good game, and I say he's good, really good, that means from henceforth I think he's a superstar? 

Do you not understand basic things like context or are you so wrapped up in your disgust at anyone taking pleasure in the game that you don't care a shit about it?

hahahahahahahaha. Like you've never taken things out of context. 

nothing annoys me here doug. Certainly not someone thinking ashley westwood is good. I just disagree.

I made a point to support my disagreement and you then challenged it. So I proved it. 

Instead of you holding your hands up and saying, yeah maybe there was a time where people raved about him a bit more than they do now, you just criticise my opinion further.

Maybe there are a few examples of people raving about him more than they do now. That proves nothing in the wider context of the debate. You have stated that it proves he's not very good, it really does not do that. On any level. 

I didn't say that people raving about him proves he's not very good. 

I said, that the way that people speak about him now (having previously raved about him) shows that he's not very good. The quotes I used were the first I came to. Like I say theyl be a lot more recent ones linking him to an England call up. 

People are starting to realise that he's not very good. He's previously had better players around him. 

Read my post again. I have quoted you verbatim. I made sure of it. It still does not prove what you say it does. Not in the slightest. You're twisting peoples words to suit an agenda.

Most people think he's decent. Still. Even when the squad as a whole is being decimated. I have already agreed that most people realised he's not "very good" a while ago, well done you.

Still an OK player with a part to play.

Is this the more vocal alter ego of TacticsTim? ;)

• Like 1

Everyone's entitled to an opinion and mine is that Westwood doesn't offer much in any specific area. He cannot protect the defence, take a decent corner or free-kick, has no pace to speak of, can't dribble, can't go past a player with ease. is only real ability is his passing and that is nothing really worth raving about. I think he is average in a poor side that lacks confidence. When he eventually moves on it will probably be to a Championship side such as Derby or Forest.

• Like 4

This thread is the worst

Ah bless, I don't care how many of you jump in to defend Westwood he's the problem in midfield.

Until he's dropped we will struggle as he's not good enough.

If he's our best passer then this club will be down by Christmas, stats for "tap" football might be good but he creates nothing.

Nobody defended him as a player in the whole.

Just that he's a 'limited passer' which is nonsense. He's been the best passer at the club for three seasons and we haven't been down by Christmas have we?

Hasn't been good enough this year and I'll be disappointed if he starts today.

How's that for 'defending' him eh?

'Ah bless', patronising shite.

I thought it was nicer than what I wanted to say to your dumb shite, Princess.

Have you seen his defense splitting passes? No thought not.

People disputed your comment that he's a 'limited passer'. Now you're going on about defence splitting passes?

Stop changing the goalposts.

I'd love to know what I said that's dumb? You said people are defending Westwood when clearly there I've said I want him dropped.

Stop being a patronising arse.

Nah.

This site is doing my head in, no I didn't quote any of the above, nor doIwanttohavetokeepgoingoverwhatIwriteputtingthespacesinseveraltimes.

Anyway FWIW I don't rate Westwood at all.

• Like 1

Occasionally Westwood can put in pretty impressive displays, some of his corners have even been good recently.

But although he can be tidy and move the ball around well, he has limited impact. I think he has a role to play but he shouldn't be the focal point of our midfield.

But we only really have Gana and Gil that we know or at least hope can be important players for us in the centre, we obviously hope Vertout and even Gardener can have a role to play, but Sanchez and Westwood should not be what we build the team around.

Pulling up a quote from 3 years ago to prove a point.

Wow, I've seen some pathetic things on this forum, but that takes the cake.

Oh, especially when your point isn't even't proven because you know, people can change their opinion in 3 years? Novel and difficult concept to grasp I know.

Newcastle were 5th in 2012. I used to think they were a decent team.

That's changed now because things change in 3 years in football.

I was asked to get them. I was quite happy to just keep my word as it was. I could probably find ones from 3-6 months ago.

*If they asked you to jump off a bridge, would you do it?*

Oh, especially when your point isn't even't proven because you know, people can change their opinion in 3 years? Novel and difficult concept to grasp I know.

I was asked to get them. I was quite happy to just keep my word as it was. I could probably find ones from 3-6 months ago.

Haha, you weren't asked, you proposed it and I said "do it" because I thought it would be funny if you actually did. 

Eh? Doug asked me who had said it. I replied by saying that I'd go back and quote some.

Your post was completely insignificant to the whole thing.

I've been watching some interviews on AVTV as it's the first month I've had it.

There's one with Joleon Lescott. He was asked whether he knew (personally)  any Villa players before he got to Villa.

Of Westwood he said something along the lines of he didn't know Westwood personally, but he liked him as a player and said he had a high reputation so was eager to meet him.

Thought it was interesting.

Haha, you weren't asked, you proposed it and I said "do it" because I thought it would be funny if you actually did. 

Eh? Doug asked me who had said it. I replied by saying that I'd go back and quote some.

Your post was completely insignificant to the whole thing.

he didn't ask you to go back and find it though, that was your idea.

Westwood lacks the physicality to really compete in centre mid, but I think his willingness to receive the ball in any scenario will help him to get into Remi's sides.

Tough tackling and winning the ball is one thing, but getting your own team's game going requires a lot of bravery - that's something Westwood always looks to do, even when he's not having the best of games.

• Like 1

Can see Manure coming in for him, as a replacement for there current Midfield.

Wow!!

Sorry I promise to now be 100% correct in all of my future predictions...

It was a very ambitious prediction from me, but sorry for my ambition. 

But I'm hopeful that all the players we sign go onto be world-beaters.. 

Wouldn't it be great for Madrid or Barca to buy one of our players for 60+ million? Like they did with Bale.. That's all I was hoping for.

Edited by AVFCforever1991
  • Like 1

Can see Manure coming in for him, as a replacement for there current Midfield.

Wow!!

Sorry I promise to now be 100% correct in all of my future predictions...

It was a very ambitious prediction from me, but sorry for my ambition. 

But I'm hopeful that all the players we sign go onto be world-beaters.. 

Wouldn't it be great for Madrid or Barca to buy one of our players for 60+ million? Like they did with Bale.. That's all I was hoping for.

Remember when Tim said he should be playing for England? He shouldn't even be playing for us. 

I've been watching some interviews on AVTV as it's the first month I've had it.

There's one with Joleon Lescott. He was asked whether he knew (personally)  any Villa players before he got to Villa.

Of Westwood he said something along the lines of he didn't know Westwood personally, but he liked him as a player and said he had a high reputation so was eager to meet him.

Thought it was interesting.

Can't say I missed him today

How about we focus on the players that did play and not take cheap shots at ones that didn't. We were great today in the midfield even though we were overrun at the end. Long may it continue and Westwood will now have to force his way back in if he can.

• Like 2