Ashley Westwood

Nabby

No shock to me we actually looked like we had a midfield when he didn't play, may sound harsh but its true.

I'd like to see him play for the new manager, with new ideas, before I write him off. Some of the players who played today, didn't look that good under Sherwood either.

• Like 3

No shock to me we actually looked like we had a midfield when he didn't play, may sound harsh but its true.

I'd like to see him play for the new manager, with new ideas, before I write him off. Some of the players who played today, didn't look that good under Sherwood either.

Thats fine and if he proved me wrong then that would be great but I've never rated him under any manager we've had and I don't think his weaknesses will just go away under our new manager either. If he proves that wrong then its good for him and good for villa.

• Like 1

He was injured and will have to wait for his chance to get back into the team imo as the midfield was good today, he deserves a clean slate like every other player does under a new manager. It seems remi likes to play a good passing game so no doubt Westy will have a big role in midfield if that's the case.

• Like 1

No coincidence when he's out of the team we look better and picked up a point.

No, it was nothing to do with the fact we had a clown in charge up until now.

How is this thread at the top of the forum when he wasn't even in the squad due to his concussion? He'll be back, he'll play games and he'll do just fine with a proper manager. 

While we've had clowns in charge during his time here, others have stood out as important players for us. Westwood has stood out as very average and IMO one of the main reasons we've been so poor for so long.  

• Like 1

Its not that he isnt good. He just shouldnt be a starter all the time. One of him or Sanchez at a time. Play him against lesser opposition while Sanchez at the more difficult games.

true, in theory a Sanchez, Gana and Veretout midfield 3 has a good balance to it if it can settle, but Westwood is an underrated footballer IMO and well worth a squad place.  The whole corners thing has put a bigger downer on him than he deserves really.

I said earlier I think Westwood should be dropped because positionally he's all over the shop and makes Sanchez look bad. Having Sanchez just sitting in front of the back four is a much better option than Westwood. Think he should be a squad player now. I do like Westwood, he's a good pro but has had a very poor season imo.

Its not that he isnt good. He just shouldnt be a starter all the time. One of him or Sanchez at a time. Play him against lesser opposition while Sanchez at the more difficult games.

true, in theory a Sanchez, Gana and Veretout midfield 3 has a good balance to it if it can settle, but Westwood is an underrated footballer IMO and well worth a squad place.  The whole corners thing has put a bigger downer on him than he deserves really.

YeaIts not that he isnt good. He just shouldnt be a starter all the time. One of him or Sanchez at a time. Play him against lesser opposition while Sanchez at the more difficult games.

yeah I forget to talk about his setpieces. He keeps taking it and frustrates us. That must be one of the most reasons of why people underrate him more.

This season he played many matches besides Sanchez. 

Tbf hes not better than Sanchez at all. But hes a good option to have and could be useful in certain games. Ive seen a lot worse in the PL.

YeaIts not that he isnt good. He just shouldnt be a starter all the time. One of him or Sanchez at a time. Play him against lesser opposition while Sanchez at the more difficult games.

yeah I forget to talk about his setpieces. He keeps taking it and frustrates us. That must be one of the most reasons of why people underrate him more.

This season he played many matches besides Sanchez. 

Tbf hes not better than Sanchez at all. But hes a good option to have and could be useful in certain games. Ive seen a lot worse in the PL.

Yes, I agree. He's an option as a squad player.