Ashley Westwood

Nabby

You don't like people enjoying football do you? It's just something I've picked up over the years. You think it's churlish. 

eh? What you on about. You asked who raved about him? 

It clearly annoys you. That is a general point.

So if a player has a really good game, and I say he's good, really good, that means from henceforth I think he's a superstar? 

Do you not understand basic things like context or are you so wrapped up in your disgust at anyone taking pleasure in the game that you don't care a shit about it?

You don't like people enjoying football do you? It's just something I've picked up over the years. You think it's churlish. 

So if a player has a really good game, and I say he's good, really good, that means from henceforth I think he's a superstar? 

Do you not understand basic things like context or are you so wrapped up in your disgust at anyone taking pleasure in the game that you don't care a shit about it?

hahahahahahahaha. Like you've never taken things out of context. 

nothing annoys me here doug. Certainly not someone thinking ashley westwood is good. I just disagree.

I made a point to support my disagreement and you then challenged it. So I proved it. 

Instead of you holding your hands up and saying, yeah maybe there was a time where people raved about him a bit more than they do now, you just criticise my opinion further.

Can see Manure coming in for him, as a replacement for there current Midfield.

Wow!!

He started his career here very strongly, had an excellent first season and racked up 7/8 assists if my memory serves me correctly. I don't think he has pushed on since then, not as he should have. But there may well be mitigating circumstances to that, the club as a whole has been a **** shambles. Some players have suffered, others progressed. He seems to have stagnated.

I've always thought he was just "decent" myself, though you may well find posts from me calling him the "best playa evs" in the heat of the moment. Football to me is fun, a game, one I care very deeply about granted but I try to enjoy it as best I can. I don't see the point in attempting to beat that out of other people really. Does it not bore you? 

P.S. I found this particular quote myself, page 14? Plenty of people said that particular comment was OTT at the time, the poster in question then qualified this statement by saying that he obviously meant in a few years time. That has not happened, the player has not progressed. Please explain how this proves Westwood "really isn't very good". Unless you mean it literally, and I'll agree and say he's not "very good" no, but he is decent. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

hahahahahahahaha. Like you've never taken things out of context. 

nothing annoys me here doug. Certainly not someone thinking ashley westwood is good. I just disagree.

I made a point to support my disagreement and you then challenged it. So I proved it. 

Instead of you holding your hands up and saying, yeah maybe there was a time where people raved about him a bit more than they do now, you just criticise my opinion further.

Maybe there are a few examples of people raving about him more than they do now. That proves nothing in the wider context of the debate. You have stated that it proves he's not very good, it really does not do that. On any level. 

I probably thought he had potential to be very good, and now think he's a handy player. I've also said some absolutely ridiculous things in the past about players being good or shit. opinions can change. I used to think Weimann would turn out to be a proper goal scorer for **** sake. 

• Like 1

Pulling up a quote from 3 years ago to prove a point.

Wow, I've seen some pathetic things on this forum, but that takes the cake.

Oh, especially when your point isn't even't proven because you know, people can change their opinion in 3 years? Novel and difficult concept to grasp I know.

Newcastle were 5th in 2012. I used to think they were a decent team.

That's changed now because things change in 3 years in football.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Oh, especially when your point isn't even't proven because you know, people can change their opinion in 3 years? Novel and difficult concept to grasp I know.

Agreed, things can change pretty quickly in football.  However, I thought Westwood was crap then, and I think he's crap now.

• Like 2

Agreed, things can change pretty quickly in football.  However, I thought Westwood was crap then, and I think he's crap now.

You were correct on both occasions my good sir.

He has been disspointing so far this year. Still rate him. Will be intresting to see how he'll do under Remi. Think there is a gem to be unlocked in Westwood. Seriously lacking in confidence at the moment. 

And Woodytom, no one wins by you being right. 

• Like 2

Wow. 3 years ago I said Westwood was "really good".

I must stop getting carried away with all that raving about players.

I once said Jlloyd Samuel was "pretty decent".

I had to have a lie down after that one.

Edited by Stevo985