Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

His attitude clearly stank. I bet he was a **** nightmare in that dressing room for managers. 

Houllier was the one who stood up to him and took him out the team. People were asking why at the time. Now we can clearly see. His attitude stank alright.

• Like 2

Could be wrong here but didn’t Roy Keane get annoyed with some of our players when he was with us because they didn’t apply themselves correctly?  Gabby being one of them?

Real rotten apples in the club around this time and it’s cost us millions. Thank goodness we haven’t ended up like Derby, Sunderland etc.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Houllier was the one who stood up to him and took him out the team. People were asking why at the time. Now we can clearly see. His attitude stank alright.

Did he really? He gave him a new contract then played him on the wing

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

The one thing Steve Bruce deserves massive credit for is bringing proper professionals into the club, the likes of Chester, Elmohamady, Jedinak, Hourihane, Adomah and Neil Taylor. It was crucial in light of having Agbonlahor, Ross McCormack and the likes poisoning the place.

Hard to disagree with this. I've no love for Bruce at all but bringing in decent, hardworking professionals was clearly very much needed at the time. That said, I do think Chester and Adomah were RDM signings but happy to stand corrected. Probably the sort of characters Bruce would've liked, either way. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, samjp26 said:

I don’t want to hear him called a club legend ever again. He and those also in that little bunch of pricks at the time are what cost our club so much. 

The players were just kicking each other during a Portugal training camp under Paul Lambert because they didn’t want to go, then they just got pissed instead.

Shambles, the fact he says it so proudly as well. Absolute clearing in the woods.

Wish I hadn't seen that, appalling behaviour. Telling the story like its a funny anecdote. He isn't and never will be a club legend. You wouldn't mind so much If they were ripping the league up at the time but we were the shittest I can remember.

Hopefully he never darkens our doors again. Glad I don't listen to Talksport anymore

• Like 3

On 27/01/2022 at 13:47, samjp26 said:

Funny how he says he also didn’t like G Mac who is now one of Stevie G’s assistants. 

Well I would think G Mac would be quite an authoritarian figure and not take any shit so you can see how that would rub the party boys up the wrong way. 

• Like 2

That contract extension seemed absolutely nuts at the time, it was obvious that his star had faded, we should have been desperately trying to get rid but instead gave him a long term deal as well as making him the highest paid player at the club. 

He'd scored just 4 goals the season before. In the 4 years after his deal he scored just 9 goals whilst nearly sending us bankrupt. 

Lambert also signed a new deal at about the same time. I remember thinking it was great that his contract was nearly up and we could finally get rid for free.  Then he won a couple of games out of nowhere and got a fat new deal. 

Again from those comments it's clear he had no authority over the players and was incapable of dealing with the rotten core of the club.

If we'd have ditched Lambert and Gabby at that time who knows how different history might have been for us. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

The absolute worst professional Roy Keane has ever worked with. Now makes a living highlighting what an absolute disgrace he was under Keane Lambert and Houllier. Great stuff.

Will still get window lickers down VP hailing him a legund.  He's a disgrace. Never want him involved with the club in any official capacity ever again. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Never forget

Ahh those were the days. A group of pundits huddled together literally sniggering about us. 

By God it was a really dark time. 

Â