Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

13 minutes ago, penguin said:

I don't what he said had any impact on the game what so ever to be honest. Talk Sport pay you to be a wind up merchant just happens he also **** loves doing it.

Bamford essentially quoted him in the post match speech when accepting his match ball...

I mean it’s pretty ridiculous to pin any blame for a defeat on a pundit isn’t it? If all it takes to win a game of football is for someone to point out a negative tweet before each game then I’ll get paid by Villa to print a load out for every game we play.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

I mean it’s pretty ridiculous to pin any blame for a defeat on a pundit isn’t it? If all it takes to win a game of football is for someone to point out a negative tweet before each game then I’ll get paid by Villa to print a load out for every game we play.

Of course that’s not all it takes. I don’t think you’d find anyone saying otherwise.

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Of course that’s not all it takes. I don’t think you’d find anyone saying otherwise.

It doesn’t have any bearing on the game whatsoever though. For pretty much any game of football you could find someone giving it the big one before the game in this day and age.

Proving Gabby Agbonlahor wrong is not the motivation that the Leeds players needed before this game. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

It doesn’t have any bearing on the game whatsoever though. For pretty much any game of football you could find someone giving it the big one before the game in this day and age.

Proving Gabby Agbonlahor wrong is not the motivation that the Leeds players needed before this game. 

Of course it was not the only motivation but obviously influenced them. Bamford even referenced it after the match. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, meregreen said:

He’s becoming our opponents greatest motivator. Needs to keep his mouth shut.

But then his fledgling media career goes down the pan... 

The morning Leeds fans tweet earlier says to me he knew exactly what he was doing, he's been alright so far but shot down as a thick brummie so this is shit, leave the bollocks fishing for bites nonsense stuff for Danny Murphy and his ilk

Unfortunately next weekend he might spout some entirely educated and insightful stuff about the villa and he will immediately be shot down because of guff like this 

But more unfortunately that's what punditry is now, spout shit get bites, was hoping he'd be better than that 

Edited by villa4europe

5 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Of course it was not the only motivation but obviously influenced them. Bamford even referenced it after the match. 

He's a wind-up merchant selling the drama (just as he was a wind-up merchant when he was going on about 'attempted murder' with the cameras rolling). He wouldn't have been talking about tweets if he hadn't scored and they hadn't won; the problem was collective defensive failures, not the magic of a tweet.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But then his fledgling media career goes down the pan... 

The morning Leeds fans tweet earlier says to me he knew exactly what he was doing, he's been alright so far but shot down as a thick brummie so this is shit, leave the bollocks fishing for bites nonsense stuff for Danny Murphy and his ilk

Unfortunately next weekend he might spout some entirely educated and insightful stuff about the villa and he will immediately be shot down because of guff like this 

But more unfortunately that's what punditry is now, spout shit get bites, was hoping he'd be better than that 

Exactly. It's not about your tactical knowledge or insights. Social media intensifies and gamifies the worst impulses of fans, and Gabby is just that. He offers nothing but his own inflated drivel. But its what gets clicks and hits. He's just a product of a toxic media ecosystem.

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Exactly. It's not about your tactical knowledge or insights. Social media intensifies and gamifies the worst impulses of fans, and Gabby is just that. He offers nothing but his own inflated drivel. But its what gets clicks and hits. He's just a product of a toxic media ecosystem.

I think that because he will never shake the thick brummie thing he could write the next inverting the pyramid and still get rediculed so he might as well just go for the ride

FWIW I think he's actually quite capable as a pundit, got his coaching badges too but all it took was that iniesta headline (which was taken from a very sensible comment by him) and he's now seen the way it all works 

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

Bamford essentially quoted him in the post match speech when accepting his match ball...

Yeah of course you want to give some back after getting some isn’t that what it’s all about?

You think he had Agbonlahor in his head when he was taking his shots?

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Not just Gabby either. All the Leeds trash talking by Villa fans pre game. It will just fuel them

Leeds are not our rivals. Stop treating them like they are.

The Leeds fans talking utter shite didn’t have the same magic effect on our players though?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Embarassing to blame Gabby, he is as much an influence at Villa as Lawro at Liverpool or Ian Wright for Arsenal 

It osnt embarrassing at all. He is being rightly criticised for stupid comments right before playing them. For bamford to even reference it as well highlights how much they wanted to prove gabby wrong.

Keep your mouth shut in future gabby 

Edited by Demitri_C

Maybe Patric Bamford has woke up yesterday and his mum called him to say he is shit.

How can we possibly blame Gabby, a pundit, for a tweet. 

A tweet.

I'm sure that tweet is the sole reason why Jack was selfish, why Barkley passed into nowhere, McGinn was robbed of the ball and by not releasing it sooner. 

My personal conspiracy theory is that Leeds are reading VillaTalk and Bielsa believed just how good he is by reading VillaLad. 

VillaLad, I blame you for the loss ;)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Zatman said:

Embarassing to blame Gabby, he is as much an influence at Villa as Lawro at Liverpool or Ian Wright for Arsenal 

Regardless of any influence to our players it just looks really unprofessional and small time. Kind of thing you expect from some kid with a YouTube channel not a Sky pundit.

Its sort of what you'd expect from him but he should still be trying to be better.

10 minutes ago, Rino8 said:

Regardless of any influence to our players it just looks really unprofessional and small time. Kind of thing you expect from some kid with a YouTube channel not a Sky pundit.

Its sort of what you'd expect from him but he should still be trying to be better.

Well of course but Gabby is no Stephen Hawking 😂😂

Sky hired him but 99% of Villa fans know he is a donkey and 99% of Sky pundits are donkeys. Its like people judging Leeds on expert opinions of Noel Whelan or Danny Mills

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Didn't like Gabby much when he was a big player for us, didn't like him when he started messing about when we were being relegated and I don't like him as pundit.

Will you get off that fence? Tell us what you really think about Gabby. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

Â