Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Just now, SuperTed said:

2 good friends of mine lost their jobs at Villa when we were relegated. One of whom divorced and had a breakdown in the following months. Whilst that leach stole a living off us. Infuriates me. 

This is exactly why he makes my blood boil.

Truly awful that people lost their jobs and so much more subsequently, but he can laugh about getting drunk, being late for training and people not respecting him! Total tool.

Roy Keane probably just wanted to see some professionalism and in the end thought sod it, I’m not being dragged down by these idiots.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

Is Terry laughing because he thinks it's hilarious bantz too, or is he laughing at the sheer audacity of the spunk bubble? Did they get along when they were both playing for us?

I’m going to go with the bantz, didn’t Terry comment on his profile when he shared that video of Neville’s interview with Keane with laughing faces saying “wonder who this could be about?”

It might also be good to remember that John Terry, is well, a huge word removed, really, 

38 minutes ago, SuperTed said:

I’m going to go with the bantz, didn’t Terry comment on his profile when he shared that video of Neville’s interview with Keane with laughing faces saying “wonder who this could be about?”

It might also be good to remember that John Terry, is well, a huge word removed, really, 

Yeah, I normally take it as given that footballers are berks underneath it all, even our manager, but I thought that Terry was the sort who would demand high levels of engagement from his teammates and not accept this kind of behaviour.

(I often find myself questioning why we idolise people who would be a total drain on society if not for their ability to kick a ball, but, hey ho, so it goes.)

Edited by His Name Is Death
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

Yeah, I normally take it as given that footballers are berks underneath it all, even our manager, but I thought Terry was the sort to demand high levels from his teammates and not accept this kind of behaviour.

(I often find myself questioning why we idolise people who would be a total drain on society if not for their ability to kick a ball, but, hey ho, so it goes.)

I think they probably bonded due to the fact they’re both morons, who I’d leave in a burning house to save a pig.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

Is Terry laughing because he thinks it's hilarious bantz too, or is he laughing at the sheer audacity of the spunk bubble? Did they get along when they were both playing for us?

Gabby should watch what’s he’s saying.  Keane’s nuts.

52 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

History shows Terry is equally stupid. Of course he’d find it hilarious. 

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Gabby should watch what’s he’s saying.  Keane’s nuts.

Absolutely. Gabby's embarrassing behaviour shouldn't let people forget that Keane is only an 'inspirational' figure because there's no shortage of prats who mistake being a cast-iron sociopath for honest, no-nonsense leadership.

Edited by His Name Is Death
  • Like 2

Anecdotes aside, who here is really doubting that Keane was disrespectful in the way he talked to players? I understand you can construe that as pashun or giving a kick up the backside or demanding high standards or whatever other euphemism for "being a word removed", but I'd be more surprised if it turned out that he wasn't insufferable to work with. Gabby being an unprofessional buffoon himself can also be true.

Flabby is an embarrassment to this club. A total bellend who never gave a shit about the club only his position in rinsing a wage from it. Absolute despicable cretin who forced me into a hardcore weekend of drugs and alcohol when he left, such was my elation. 

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Anecdotes aside, who here is really doubting that Keane was disrespectful in the way he talked to players? I understand you can construe that as pashun or giving a kick up the backside or demanding high standards or whatever other euphemism for "being a word removed", but I'd be more surprised if it turned out that he wasn't insufferable to work with. Gabby being an unprofessional buffoon himself can also be true.

If your the player, your shit and someone in a more managerial role(the coach), asks you to raise you standards during training or work harder. Well, maybe there is a bloody good reason for it. Keane may well be a knob but the bigger knob is the one crying about how the coach didn't put his arm around the snowflakes and cuddle them for being shit whilst being paid thousands of pounds a week. 

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

If your the player, your shit and someone in a more managerial role(the coach), asks you to raise you standards during training or work harder. Well, maybe there is a bloody good reason for it. Keane may well be a knob but the bigger knob is the one crying about how the coach didn't put his arm around the snowflakes and cuddle them for being shit whilst being paid thousands of pounds a week. 

Is there a longer clip I haven't seen? All he said in that one was that Keane was very disrespectful in how he spoke to players and gave an anecdote about a certain snide comment he made...he didn't say anything about raising standards etc? No doubt that also happened, and no doubt he didn't take kindly to that either...but it doesn't mean he was necessarily wrong about the former.

Edited by Keyblade

Just now, Keyblade said:

Is there a longer clip I haven't seen? All he said in that one was that Keane was very disrespectful in how he spoke to players...he didn't say anything about raising standards etc? No doubt that also happened, and no doubt he didn't take kindly to that either...but it doesn't mean he was necessarily wrong about the former.

I think Roy Keanes interview with Neville and Agbonlahor own response on talk shite yesterday confirmed he's an utter knob. Even the comments on the released youtube clip(not sure if longer) are overwhelmingly anti flabby. He came across as the instigator/ringleader of a toxic environment that eventually led to our relegation. Fans should not forget that imo. It's easy to slag the like of JG(I do too) for leaving, even though we were in a good state, and then forget about the dregs who sullied the place and turned us into the rotten pile of shit that got relegated without a care in the world. 

• Like 2

I remember the year he (was) retired he came out before one of the end of season  games in the under armour tracksuit to be paraded and given a send off. He was 31 I presume and a paid professional senior player and his arse was bigger than 20 stone scary Mary who sat behind me at the time.

Whole stadium applauded whilst we were on our arses financially and in the Championship.

You can't make it up. I wouldn't blame him if he thought he was a legend

Â