Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

• 10 months later...
28 minutes ago, samjp26 said:

I don’t want to hear him called a club legend ever again. He and those also in that little bunch of pricks at the time are what cost our club so much. 

The players were just kicking each other during a Portugal training camp under Paul Lambert because they didn’t want to go, then they just got pissed instead.

Shambles, the fact he says it so proudly as well. Absolute clearing in the woods.

Disgusting, how anyone can say this tool is a club legend is beyond me.

terrible player, terrible attitude, part of the group that cost us so much and got us relegated.

stole a living for us, disgusting, how can a  vice captain or "leader" within the club, allow this stuff to happen, idiot.

• Like 2

It's not just the story it's the way he tells it

You will never ever be able to even sow the tiniest of seeds in his head that what he did was wrong and unprofessional, he just doesn't get it

That story is why he retired at 32, why he didn't play more for villa, why he didn't play more for England and he simply can't see it 

• Like 3

It's his fitness which ended him. I remember speaking to him when he used to come in to a place I worked at. He was in London every weekend after a game partying. Then realised it was the excess lifestyle why he lost his pace. I remember him saying he can't run anymore as he had excess lactic acid in his legs, was laughing saying it must be all the champagne he consumes.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Adman said:

Can't believe people pay him to speak

To be fair I am on record as saying he would go bankrupt within a couple of years of retirement so I guess this poor mans Robbie Savage media personality work he's doing is at least earning him a living of sorts which I never ever saw happening. 

Gabby represents everything that wrong with the club in those years. Never has anyone less deserving been so venerated. He still calls himself a legend on Twitter. He’s an absolute joke. Just embarrassing. It’s especially embarrassing that he thinks such an example of unprofessionalism is funny. When it was officially announced that we had been relegated where was ‘Mr Aston Villa? Out getting high on laughing gas and partying - even making the front of The S*n.  

• Like 1

None of this surprises me. I have gained the impression  that Gabby does not love the game or Aston Villa. For example, go back to when he went out on loan early in his career - he reportedly absolutely hated it and thought about quitting the game. Compare that with Grealish at Notts County and Jacob Ramsey at Doncaster. Both loved it and wanted more games. I am led to believe GA loves the lifestyle that accompanies being a footballer. Fair enough. I suppose that is his authentic  self, I can accept and live with that. I think him playing a troll clown has some charm and likeability in everyday life. But I cannot grasp, nor accept, how a manager/owner saw him as leadership material or worthy of a new contract after 2013. It was obvious that he was declining rapidly. 😭  That is unforgivable, and also a sign that the club was in serious trouble. I put the blame squarely on the hierarchy for sanctioning that toxic behaviour & culture, it is their responsibility to stop that and well within their power to do so.

It is sad because he did have a lot of natural ability but just not the character to take full advantage of it.  He would have been a monster of a player in his prime if he was fully committed and ambitious IMO. If I had the choice of Gabby being ambitious and leaving a success, I would pick that every time over what became of him. Thanks for goals against SHA and when you took your career a little bit seriously in 2006-2010.

Edited by Villa_Vids
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, samjp26 said:

It’s crazy that he didn’t even just allow it to happen, he encouraged it. Paul Lambert told them they were allowed 1 drink, he then told them they could continue as they please but just make sure you get on the coach.

As grown adults, in a very high paying athletic career, surely they’d realise it makes sense to stick with the gaffer’s ruling - instead they did the complete opposite. 

The player Gabby is referring to is Chris Herd, a highly rated prospect that fell off completely following this debacle. Imagine the amount of other young players this idiot guided in the wrong direction, Jack is obviously a key one. So glad we no longer have this kind of poison in the club.

The story while terrible is no way a defence of Chris Herd. He wasnt a highly rated prospect and a clogger at best but he had history of wild nights before when him Collins and Delph tried fight the way into a club

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Disgusting, how anyone can say this tool is a club legend is beyond me.

terrible player, terrible attitude, part of the group that cost us so much and got us relegated.

stole a living for us, disgusting, how can a  vice captain or "leader" within the club, allow this stuff to happen, idiot.

Scary part is if we do crack the top 6 or whatever crap cartel name they use. He will be the Villa hero they bring out like Richards for City 

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Oh boy, now you've gone and done it..........

He has a point though Bruce did improve the environment in the dressing room bring in the likes of admoah terry jedinak and snodgrass. Lets not forget mcginn either. 

As for gabby the way he is laughing at this story tells youe everything.  Absolute clown laughing at this time where us fans were laughing.

Honestly i would have rang in and sais gabby you call youself a villa fan and your laughing at a time when the club was on its knees and resulted in relegation. You should be apologising to villa fans not laughing. Clown

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

Â