Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

3 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

I'd rather proper Villa legends like Mortimer get given more air time but hey ho its too long ago for the twitter generation.

In fairness to the twitter generation, Dennis retired 33 years ago - somewhere out there is a grandfather born after Dennis left Villa.

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.world-today-news.com/james-rodriguez-the-cold-in-germany-was-the-reason-for-his-departure-from-bayern-munich-2020-colombians-abroad/

The Germans are very cold people, although I received a spectacular treatment at the club, they loved me very much. Living is not something easy, it is something hard because it is cold with -20 degrees, that was very hard for me. There were days when I would go to work at 9 o’clock, start the car and check the temperature: -28 degrees. I was wondering: ‘what am I doing here with this cold’ “, said the Colombian.

The hell has it ever got -28 in Germany?!😂

Edited by VillaChris

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

That would be -33 C. Even downtown siberia probably milder than that!

TBF to Gabby if Hames is saying that about Munich he'll certainly be saying it about Liverpool in a few years once he's left although I don't think Gabby quite researched it in that way, just said it in a lazy generic way like it was said about Wolves when they signed the Portugese players in their promotion season.

35 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Quick Google says - 26.7c is the record for Munich and that it's rarely below - 12c. Still bloody cold though. 

3 hours ago, VillaChris said:

3 years ago I was flying to Cuba from brum Airport via dusseldorf late Feb with eurowings, I'm in shorts, got a hoodie in my hand luggage, flight out of brum was delayed meaning I missed my connecting flight, they booked a flight out of frankfurt and got me a bullet train ticket but the airport lost my bag so I missed that flight too, as a result they flew me over to Munich for me to catch a flight out of there first thing the next morning

I'm stood in the lufthansa bus stop waiting to be picked up and taken to their hotel in my shorts and hoodie

It was -18°

Didnt half get some funny looks

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

3 years ago I was flying to Cuba from brum Airport via dusseldorf late Feb with eurowings, I'm in shorts, got a hoodie in my hand luggage, flight out of brum was delayed meaning I missed my connecting flight, they booked a flight out of frankfurt and got me a bullet train ticket but the airport lost my bag so I missed that flight too, as a result they flew me over to Munich for me to catch a flight out of there first thing the next morning

I'm stood in the lufthansa bus stop waiting to be picked up and taken to their hotel in my shorts and hoodie

It was -18°

Didnt half get some funny looks

Ah was that the beast from the east cold snap? Think that was around Feb-March 2018 and last real prolonged cold snap I can remember in U.K and also in most parts of europe.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Where are you? And are you now in 24 hour darkness?

I am in the south, or Oslo, so not very cold or dark here. Guess we some winters can have -25 in Oslo, but generally it's a coastal city with relatively mild winters. Especially the last few years have been very mild. It's generally siberian winds that can bring the cold. I think there are tiwns in sibir that quite regularly got -60.

We got around 5-6 hours daylight here I guess. Worse up north.

I'll tell you this though, I've always been fairly ourdoorsy and have slept in tents in -30 etc. Downhill skiing in -25 and so on, where effective degrees can be brutal. But in Norway we largely have dry cold weather. Humid cold weather is much worse.

So 0 Celcius in Rome for instance is much colder to me than - 20 here. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I am in the south, or Oslo, so not very cold or dark here. Guess we some winters can have -25 in Oslo, but generally it's a coastal city with relatively mild winters. Especially the last few years have been very mild. It's generally siberian winds that can bring the cold. I think there are tiwns in sibir that quite regularly got -60.

We got around 5-6 hours daylight here I guess. Worse up north.

I'll tell you this though, I've always been fairly ourdoorsy and have slept in tents in -30 etc. Downhill skiing in -25 and so on, where effective degrees can be brutal. But in Norway we largely have dry cold weather. Humid cold weather is much worse.

So 0 Celcius in Rome for instance is much colder to me than - 20 here. 

Strong agree on the humidity, it makes a massive difference in my experience.

Gabby might not be the brightest out there, but I sort of get what he is saying with the cold!

UK is very cold, because it's very humid. I am from abroad and in the winters we frequently enjoyed -10/-15C. 

Trust me, 3 degrees C with rain and wind in Feb (usual UK weather) feels much colder than -10C in a drier environment with plenty of snow around.

Also, Bundesliga has a normal winter break, so they actually stop playing where as we Brits still do it on a cold Tuesday night in Stoke. 

Â