Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

I'm surprised to see Roy getting support here from villa fans. It just goes to show how hated Gabby is. He thinks he's a club legend, but he basically retired when he got his last contract and took money out of the pockets of fans and would have been a contributing factor if the club went under.

It sounds like Lambert was afraid of him. Lambert comes across as a fairly pathetic snivelling idiot in all of these stories. Gabby thinks he sounds like Gary Neville or Lampard when he talks about the modern player and how to treat them, but he just confirms every suspicion we had about him when he was playing.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Used to dislike him as a player but he's also such a bell. How has this absolute prat got a job in the media?

Because he has no filter. He's too stupid to realise that he shouldn't be revealing these stories. He thinks the NDAs he signed were so the club could make a clone of him.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

Joe Bennett married the sister of one of my uni friends. Apparently he's a really nice bloke, but is *very* shy. Can't imagine he enjoyed the experience of playing at Villa as part of a leaky defence in front of a massive crowd of people that hate you.

That's an interesting insight, I always thought he came across a bit timid.

6 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Gabby seems unaware of the shame that supporters feel about that period as he doesn't seem to be ashamed of it himself - he's currently an embarrassment and it's sad to see a man that isn't bright enough to realise he's being made a buffoon for the enjoyment of a few radio execs. I'm not sure how he gets out of it, but it really is time that he started to reflect on those last few years of his career and understand that he was wrong, that Remi was right, that Gerard was right and that Roy was right. He should probably look at players his age that are still playing in the Premier League and take a little time to wonder if the parties and the junk food were worth it.

He's a man unwittingly celebrating the most embarrassing moments of his life while others laugh and I feel bad for him.

I'll choose to continue to try to remember the kid with the lip, flying alongside Ashley Young and John Carew, but it gets a little harder to ignore the stain of the modern man every day.

This is a big thing, you could make an XI of players still playing that are older than him and who actually won stuff and still have a hunger

Off top of my head Ronaldo, Modric, Young, Milner, Ibra, Thiago Silva, Giroud, Chiellini. He is a year or two older than Lewandowski and Messi

Gabby...sigh.

On another note, I remember Richards complaining about Garde because he was trying to teach him how to control the ball. Shearer and Lineker were lapping it up but Micah was obviously too shallow a thinker to know there might have been a reason why he was telling him that. Pep for example told Sterling how to control the ball so he could always be on the front foot when taking his second touch, and Sterling said it changed his game.

I can just imagine Gabby and Richards being way too simple for any complex training methods. Really boils my blood hearing them speak about Villa now, Richards isn't actually a bad guy but I can't believe Gabby gets any airtime.

It's telling for me that Gabby said something along the lines of "Roy couldn't understand that we weren't as good as the players he'd played with before".

What a shit mentality. 

Edited by JoshVilla
Typo

I remember fondly some of those seasons when Gabby was on fire and hungry, it's a shame how things ended up for him at Villa.

In regard to Roy Keane, I always quite liked him. Similar to Gerrard the man was a winner, perhaps that is what many players did not like when he was a coach at Villa as many of them were taking the club for a ride.

3 hours ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Used to dislike him as a player but he's also such a bell. How has this absolute prat got a job in the media?

Micky Quinn, Jamie O'Hara, Gobby Savage, Danny Murphy....does that answer your question ?

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

He was brilliant for us as a younger player, the pace

I wouldn't call him brilliant. He was fast but brainless and not very skilful. Was never a consistent goal scorer and had a habit of missing chances. At his best he was an average premier league striker. That's about as good as it got for him. 

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Not sure who's worse, Gabby or O'Hara. Both lazy arses towards the end of there careers. O'hara was't even a good footballer, getting kicked out of Wolves.

Gabby was at least decent for a time. O'Hara was a nothing player. 

A poor mans Ashley Westwood 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoshVilla said:

It's telling for me that Gabby said something along the lines of "Roy couldn't understand that we weren't as good as the players he'd playef with before".

What a shit mentality. 

Yep, everything Gabby said in that awful anecdote is a big indictment of that era. The pathetic lack of application and arrogance personified. 

• Like 1

Keane said in his interview to Neville, there was 6 or 7 really bad eggs at Villa. Usually you have 1 or 2 in a squad, but we had loads.

That comes back to the manager as well. Lambert couldn't control things. The players were a disgrace but he was a weak manager. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Keane said in his interview to Neville, there was 6 or 7 really bad eggs at Villa. Usually you have 1 or 2 in a squad, but we had loads.

That comes back to the manager as well. Lambert couldn't control things. The players were a disgrace but he was a weak manager. 

Didn't Keane have a fall out with Grealish too?

Â