Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

6 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

In a way I’m happy McAllister is back. Freezing out Warnock, Dunne and Gabby was the best thing for the club, shame player power took over after that. 

It really wasnt the best thing. We had a huge decline for 8 years that brought on an embarrassing relegation. I think the 3rd worst of all time 

A good manager would have kept them on side then slowly move them out of the club instead of destroying any transfer value they had

49 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

In a way I’m happy McAllister is back. Freezing out Warnock, Dunne and Gabby was the best thing for the club, shame player power took over after that. 

Refresh my memory, what was the issue with Warnock?

28 minutes ago, Hornso said:

Refresh my memory, what was the issue with Warnock?

Houllier didn't like him from his time at Liverpool though everybody says he was a good professional so was dropped. Then it led to ridiculous rumours on here that Warnock was intentionally trying to score own goals

Houllier fell out with Petrov as well  who was club captain. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

It really wasnt the best thing. We had a huge decline for 8 years that brought on an embarrassing relegation. I think the 3rd worst of all time 

A good manager would have kept them on side then slowly move them out of the club instead of destroying any transfer value they had

Club was on a downhill path long before then.

On 29/01/2022 at 12:02, dudevillaisnice said:

He just wasn’t a good player at all. I’m shocked to this day people still rated him. Terrible defender. 

True but wasn't Bennett the alternative? Who is just about the worst player I've ever seen 

I think MON started to believe in his own hype in being the heir apparent to Ferguson and stopped evolving his style. Playing 4-4-2 with a  pacey striker playing off a big 'un was already getting out of date by the mid 00s. Plus he never did any actual coaching. Once Robertson retired after Villa his career tanked so all he had was some Irish blarney and old Brian Clough stories. 

9 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Hmmm maybe worse defender then. Cissokho was poor though but Bennett made him look like Carlos

Ridiculous statement. Bennett was nowhere near as bad as some made him out to be.

Another player in a long list of scapegoats. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Robbie09 said:

Ridiculous statement. Bennett was nowhere near as bad as some made him out to be.

Another player in a long list of scapegoats. 

He was a player that probably should not have been in that position. Should have been brought in to learn from a senior left back 

• Like 1

Â