Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Proud of him and happy for him

His Villa career went off the rails after MON left... He started to bulk up in the Houllier era and lost his pace... and it all went tits up from there...

But thats all in the past... He is our record Premier League goal scorer, provided us with a lot of happy memories...

Im happy for him...

Crack on Gabby!

• Like 3

I love Gabby, and will wish him well.

When I watched Villa games in 2008/ 2009, I looked forward to seeing him in action as much as I do Grealish these days.

The stick he got on here I thought was a bit over the top. Yes, he did go into decline, but I think there were quite a few " If " moments in his career after MON. If he didn't try to bulk up, if he didn't change from a centre forward to the wing, and maybe more ifs, things could have turned out differently.

Honestly, I doubt he will be a successful coach, but as long as he is happy, I am cool with that.

• Like 1

I bet he'd be no worse than some of the clowns and frauds that have managed him over the years. If Tim Sherwood could coach 2 of the biggest clubs in English football without even doing his badges, I won't begrudge Gabby trying to go about it the right way. He's a cool guy too. I'm rooting for him.

• Like 3

On 11/05/2020 at 15:38, PaulC said:

Yes a good listen. Also listened to one with Matt Kendrick and Barry Bannan. Still lives in Birmingham and his parents moved from Scotland and are now Brummies. 

That's quite funny since I remember Barry Bannan's MySpace (I know) popping up on here when he was still a bairn saying Brum was shit.

Good old Birmingham, it grows on you. Like the Villa in a way, not fashionable but those that come and embrace it are embraced back in turn and become one of us.

• Haha 1

On 19/08/2020 at 00:49, Keyblade said:

I bet he'd be no worse than some of the clowns and frauds that have managed him over the years. If Tim Sherwood could coach 2 of the biggest clubs in English football without even doing his badges, I won't begrudge Gabby trying to go about it the right way. He's a cool guy too. I'm rooting for him.

Tim Sherwood is a passion merchant.

He haven't really done well for a full season.

He's a good man to take over a struggling team with 10 games to go, lift their spirit and get their confidence up.

10 hours ago, blunther said:

That's quite funny since I remember Barry Bannan's MySpace (I know) popping up on here when he was still a bairn saying Brum was shit.

Good old Birmingham, it grows on you. Like the Villa in a way, not fashionable but those that come and embrace it are embraced back in turn and become one of us.

I'd have Bannan back here. As a squad player obviously. 

• Like 1

On 21/08/2020 at 09:39, S-Platt said:

My favourite Gabby memory was in Prague we won the game 1-0 Carew scoring.  Villa fans piled into the Old Town after the game looking for places to drink and celebrate to wee hours.

First bar me and my mates end up in is rammed full of Villa kind of seedy joint women dancing on bars and so on.  There is a jukebox that has Karma Chameleon on it so everybody is slowy getting hammered singing Gabbys song along with the original on the Jukebox.

Seedy?

Not by my standards :)

• Haha 1

Credit to Gabby, he’s got a job on Talksport now. I’ve not listened but appears he’s not shirking. Is very critical of Southgate and is questioning Jacks omission, also saying that it’s personal And that Jack doesn’t need to leave.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Did Leeds - who are famously very hard-working, and up for every match - need a tweet to get motivated?

No, of course they didn't. An absolute non-story.

It isnt.

They were aware of those comments and gave them more fire to prove us wrong. A truly  idiotic thing to do by gabby right before we wrrr playing them

Â