Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

On 23/05/2019 at 13:59, Zatman said:

Didnt he get arrested recently for drink driving while cheating.

Bet that could be tricky....is he a contortionist?

Edited by TRO

• 9 months later...
25 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

On Soccer AM today. Seems like he is trying to get in the media. Not sure, he has no personality and cannot string a sentence together at the best of times.

Talked about his career being cut short at 32. Maybe if he hadn’t become a fat lazy bastard he could have gone on a bit longer.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

On Soccer AM today. Seems like he is trying to get in the media. Not sure, he has no personality and cannot string a sentence together at the best of times.

He's probably thinking if Clinton Morrison can do it....

Clearly he loves the club still but man, he's not the brightest of buttons is he 

41 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

He's probably thinking if Clinton Morrison can do it....

Clearly he loves the club still but man, he's not the brightest of buttons is he 

Morrisons  has personality and character. Gabby has nothing. He is a soulless entity.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

He likes a little dig at the neighbours 😂

Doesn't he just! 😂 

He didn't end his time with us on a high (in fact far from it), but he loved a goal against the Noses and clearly still bears them no goodwill. Nice one Gabby, I will add this to the positive contributions, that you have made to our football club. 👍

On 29/02/2020 at 21:27, rodders0223 said:

Ticks all the boxes then.

On 29/02/2020 at 12:47, rodders0223 said:

Morrisons  has personality and character. Gabby has nothing. He is a soulless entity.

Morrison reminds me of a yappy wannabe Ali G type gangsta, the way he speaks and sounds.I almost expect him to shout "booyakasha !!"and do that finger snap with his index & middle finger when he sees a goal 😄

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Morrison reminds me of a yappy wannabe Ali G type gangsta, the way he speaks and sounds.I almost expect him to shout "booyakasha !!"and do that finger snap with his index & middle finger when he sees a goal 😄

Image result for no gif

• 1 month later...

Probably a debate that's been had many times...

Do you think Gabby would have had a career as a Premier League player if he didn't happen to come through at Villa with O'Neil as manager? I'm very unsure he'd have had any sort of top-flight career.

MON's counter attack football suited Gabby who could just sprint after hoofs and get on the end of everything. It took him about 5 or 6 years to develop much of a hold up game, which he did eventually.

For technically limited players, once the slide starts, it doesn't stop. MON's motivational skills were essential early on to get him running channels and contributing without really being about to control a pass 90% of the time.

Had he come through under a different manager, at any club, he'd have been fortunate to find anyone that suited him as much as O'Neil did.

If an 18 year old Gabby appeared now I don't think he'd get much of a look in. I think the league is much, much stronger, and far more tactical.

I think that's harsh, you make it sound like our record PL scorer won a raffle

The PL still definitely has a place for pacey players and kick and rush managers, the best winger in the league is traore, is he really that much better than gabby under MON? I don't think so

Flip it on its head and say maybe a better manager could have got more out of him, wenger for example with walcott, imagine if he'd gone for gabby instead (I maintain that wenger was a gabby fan, arsenal always held a really deep line with gabby in the team) I think walcott is a slightly better player than gabby but only just, had a defter finish in him but gabby was a more natural striker in his movement 

and FWIW an 18 year old gabby would probably have 20 appearances for us this season based on our current squad

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 3

Â