Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

It's a good listen. Not overly insightful but pretty funny in parts.

Done nothing to convince me he was very lucky he had god given speed and was able to have a career in the Premier League.

Saying to Di Matteo I'll be here longer than you. After how he'd behaved the last season? Classic.

Also the end bit about Petrov. Not to say whether it's right or wrong but the way he can't fathom he hasn't been brought in to any job he wants. You don't get a job just because you ask, especially at a well run club.

He mentions other clubs inventing roles for ex-players, you don't want that unless it's warranted, becomes a right mess. Man Utd have been trying to get rid of Nicky Butt for years because he gets in the way of actual coaches.

Edited by Tomaszk

On 05/05/2020 at 11:05, Tomaszk said:

It's a good listen. Not overly insightful but pretty funny in parts.

Done nothing to convince me he was very lucky he had god given speed and was able to have a career in the Premier League.

Saying to Di Matteo I'll be here longer than you. After how he'd behaved the last season? Classic.

Also the end bit about Petrov. Not to say whether it's right or wrong but the way he can't fathom he hasn't been brought in to any job he wants. You don't get a job just because you ask, especially at a well run club.

He mentions other clubs inventing roles for ex-players, you don't want that unless it's warranted, becomes a right mess. Man Utd have been trying to get rid of Nicky Butt for years because he gets in the way of actual coaches.

I hear this all the time against him but being naturally gifted is surely the case for every PL player? Go watch Jack Grealish at 13 years old and tell me he isn't naturally gifted. Gabby was excellent for several years and you could tell he really worked on his game for those first 5/6 years or so, once we started the managerial merry go round he started to fall really, was OK under Lambert but awful from that point on.

I thought the interview was really good and I fully agree regarding Petrov, he'd be perfect as a youth coach because of the type of player he was, hard working, professional, obviously went through something that not many do and will have a new outlook on the back of it, he's clearly hugely liked and respected by all at the club, and was a modern enough player that he won't be a dinosaur as soon as he arrives, I can't think of any better former players to have a role here tbh

• Like 2

On 05/05/2020 at 12:05, Tomaszk said:

Saying to Di Matteo I'll be here longer than you.

Di Matteo was a joke.

Appears he never had the players on side.

Also interesting that he liked Lambert and Sherwood.

He's saying that Sherwood had all the players fully support. Interesting. Though Tim had lost the dressing room towards the end.

Edited by villalad21

He’s been getting racial abuse recently. No matter what you think of him, he doesn’t deserve that.

I liked his interviews, very honest. Knows he did well in patches but also knows he should’ve done more.

social media is a scummy tool that needs regulation since you can get away with a lot of shit as well. I bet you the piece of shit wouldnt have said it to Gabby if he was in front of him or even within 20 feet

Social media companies need to be doing more to prevent this

• Like 3

8 hours ago, weedman said:

I hear this all the time against him but being naturally gifted is surely the case for every PL player? Go watch Jack Grealish at 13 years old and tell me he isn't naturally gifted. Gabby was excellent for several years and you could tell he really worked on his game for those first 5/6 years or so, once we started the managerial merry go round he started to fall really, was OK under Lambert but awful from that point on.

Well I wouldn't say technical ability with a football comes as naturally as running. Gabby said it himself he was doing athletics, if he'd never played football he'd still have been shite off a shovel at 18. If Jack had never played until 18 I don't think he'd suddenly be able to dribble round players and coax them in with his mysterious ways.

Gabby's attitude really bothers me. He could have been so much better at the end. When it got tough, when we needed him and he'd had the club's support for 15 years, he gave up. He was always doing the partying and drinking but worked on the training ground/pitch, when we needed him to focus he just thought nah I'll just have the fun stuff now please.

8 hours ago, weedman said:

I thought the interview was really good and I fully agree regarding Petrov, he'd be perfect as a youth coach because of the type of player he was, hard working, professional, obviously went through something that not many do and will have a new outlook on the back of it, he's clearly hugely liked and respected by all at the club, and was a modern enough player that he won't be a dinosaur as soon as he arrives, I can't think of any better former players to have a role here tbh

Great interview, really like Kendrick.

Not saying whether it's right or wrong to give Petrov a job, he certainly appears to be well equipped yes. 

Gabby's confusion at the club not giving him a job was my issue.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

social media is a scummy tool that needs regulation since you can get away with a lot of shit as well. I bet you the piece of shit wouldnt have said it to Gabby if he was in front of him or even within 20 feet

Social media companies need to be doing more to prevent this

You should have to sign up with a passport/driving license and video. The same way you do with these new app banks. Make people accountable and so much of this shit will be reduced.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
4 minutes ago, Genie said:

He only knows about 8 words :lol: 

I see him as a Rainman like tactician with incredible innovation like a false No. 1 or a 3-3-4 with just 1 centre back who is also a playmaker 

• Haha 4

23 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Gabby gets a lot of shit, but I always liked him.

Same here , he wasn’t a bad player he could finish and was good off the ball,  he was fantastic for 4 seasons , sure the after that things started to sour but look at the direction villa went after we sold everybody, he could have moved on with young, milner and barry and gone on to win things.

Â