Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

The amount of criticism this guy gets. I am glad not one of you is managing Villa. After all, what do you know that O'Neill, MacDonald, Houllier, McLeish, Lambert and Sherwood don't??? It is clear that he is not a prolific goalscorer, but he terrorizes the opposition defenders and makes room for the other forwards to score. It is easy to see when he is out of the team that something is lacking.

Edited by momo
  • Like 1

He was awful. People defend his record by saying he plays on the wing. He plays up top and does nothing, he doesn't hold the ball up, he doesn't provide an option, he doesn't win 50/50s. We were rocking that first half, we couldn't get out...and still he just isolated himself.

Is it instructions? Desire? Intelligence?

I don't know. I would, if we had to...put him on the wing or nothing. "Run in a straight line, that's your strength.

• Like 2

The very few times we did look dangerous Gabby was heavily involved and his workrate today was again excellent. He had a thankless task the first half as we failed to get the ball to him.

He will have a big part to play this season and I think will do well playing alongside Gestede.

• Like 1

Thought he was a threat today at times. Amazed at some of the comments today whilst he has his faults the hate some people seem to have towards him is astonishing. We have won a very tricky away game got the three points today. Gabby did well he seems to be an easy target for some people which is a shame

• Like 3

Thought he was ok. Did go missing for a while in the first half but did really get in to it second half and to be fair he did put a shift in and stretched them a few times.

Performances like that I would take, problem is he just doesn't produce them often enough.

Â