Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Looking at the number of people lining up to sell Gabby down the river, it's surprising how we expect any loyalty from people like Benteke and Welph.

There is no such thing as 'loyalty' in football. 

Fans demand it from top performing players who are getting offers to move but will not extend loyalty to an under performing player in return. 

• Like 1

Looking at the number of people lining up to sell Gabby down the river, it's surprising how we expect any loyalty from people like Benteke and Welph.

There is no such thing as 'loyalty' in football. 

Fans demand it from top performing players who are getting offers to move but will not extend loyalty to an under performing player in return. 

If he was to score 20 goals next  season, and went to, say, city. We'd be slating him, wouldn't we?

I like gabby. Always scores some important goals or us. Happy to have him around, no matther how frustrating he can be at times. If he justifies his contract is another issue.

We need some throug hand through villa guys at the club.Started last season well, let's hope he does this year as well, over a longer period.

• Like 1

Got chopped down twice by stearman tonight, in a proper game we'd have had a good argument for both fouls being red cards, 2nd one he just hacked him down like a right dirty word removed, he played on for around 10 minutes though so I'll be surprised / disappointed if he's picked up a long term injury, should have got him straight off

Didn't look fit to me anyway

Got chopped down twice by stearman tonight, in a proper game we'd have had a good argument for both fouls being red cards, 2nd one he just hacked him down like a right dirty word removed, he played on for around 10 minutes though so I'll be surprised / disappointed if he's picked up a long term injury, should have got him straight off

Didn't look fit to me anyway

any time he ever gets a knock he never comes off straghtaway and he tries run it off and makes it worse. He did same at Spurs last season

Went to the game tonight.

Gabby looks to have slimmed down, but still looked lazy and totally disinterested. Any fast attacks we had that went to him he slowed down by putting a foot on the ball and waiting, (apart from one run onto a through ball in zecond half).

He needs to go. Sinclair has so much more potential than him to be our pacey striker.

If we do get Berbatov, we should look to ship him off. Gabby epitomizes what has been wrong with this club for years. Maybe a change of scenery will do him some good as well. His career has stagnated. 

Edited by Czechlad
  • Like 2

If we do get Berbatov, we should look to ship him off. Gabby epitomizes what has been wrong with this club for years. Maybe a change of scenery will do him some good as well. His career has stagnated. 

its not that simple just to ship him off

its not that simple just to ship him off

I know, but I am sure a few clubs would take him. Sunderland, all the newly promoted sides, West Brom, and probably a few others would be interested if he publicly came out and said he wanted to leave or if Sherwood said he could leave. 

I am not saying he wants to leave. Never did I say that. I just said if he would want to leave or we were to ship him off, a few clubs would probably want him. 

Edited by Czechlad

why would he want to leave? Even if Sherwood says he  can leave it doesnt mean he has to go

Is it not even slightly possible that he might want to play first team football? If we go into the season with Adebayor/Ayew/Kozak/Gestede, he may be 5th choice. If that happens, I can't see him getting many minutes personally. I think we've all seen that Sherwood isn't one for holding onto players for sentimental reasons. 

Â