Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

Happy to have him in the squad and will make the bench more often than not, and could be a useful sub coming late on against tired defenders. Plus with decent forwards in the squad, he may get a better attitude and realise what he needs to do to fit in. Which for me, is be a wide forward, beats defends, get he ball in and stop whining when he gets fouled.  

• Like 1

Back up to Jordan Ayew this season although could get in with formation changes for certain games.

He does tend to lead a bit of a charmed life though...Houllier was going to sell him and then had his heart issues and even last season Lambert actually did drop him for Spurs at home which would've started a good spell out of the team but Benteke got a red and 3 match ban and he was straight in thereafter.

He'll be club captain this year. Not team captain and will rarely play, but given the turnaround of personnel and his long standing affinity with the club, be silly to not make him club captain and keep his experience and passion, whilst keeping his lack of general ability on the bench.

I love this man to bits as a fan of the club and a dedicated player and i have the utmost respect for him but he is just never fulfilled his potential and i would never say he is shit but being a fan and a dedicated player sometimes is not enough i think it would break his heart to have to leave so i Don't think he will and like some of you i had the very same feelings but it would not sit right with me if he wasn't sporting the aston villa jersey i think he will stay with this team t the end no matter what so thats worth its weight in gold to me u cant say that about too many players so for those who say he is shit please think ofwat i just posted . Agbonlahor is a hero in my eyes

So far this window Robbie Brady £7m, now it's looking like Connor wickham £9m

He won't ever leave but we'd comfortably get £8-10m for him if he changed his mind

I'm sorry but this really made me laugh.

Why? Look at the market, wickhams scoring record is worse than gabbys he's going for £9m, Rhodes is going for £14m, relegated hull are flogging players for £7-8m not to mention buying Hernandez for £10m

• Like 1

Gabby Agbonla-Chore

In all honesty I do love the bloke, he used to come into my old work place and was never afraid of a chat, gimme some real ITK. I don't want him gone, but I do think he now has some very stiff competition here and given another poor season, im not sure we will have place for him.

time is running out for Gabby i think, given the amount of options in his position. He'll have to work his arse off to stay in contention.

Which might work out for us. A motivated Gabby is a very good player. He shows up for relegation scraps and against West Brom. Those matches he is so difficult to stop and that's the player we need. 

Â