Gabby Agbonlahor

R.Bear

why would he want to leave? Even if Sherwood says he can leave it doesnt mean he has to go

Is it not even slightly possible that he might want to play first team football? If we go into the season with Adebayor/Ayew/Kozak/Gestede, he may be 5th choice. If that happens, I can't see him getting many minutes personally. I think we've all seen that Sherwood isn't one for holding onto players for sentimental reasons.
He said himself that all he wants to do is finish his career at Villa, and he's never wanted to play for another club. He'll retire when this contract expires.

You're right, I do recollect that interview. I guess this is the downside, the opposite of Delph. 'Loyalty' that damages the club by refusing to get off the payroll. If you see it that harshly - I don't think I do, not yet anyway. 

Who do you think leaks all the stories about links to other clubs?

The players agent, if gabby has no intention of leaving or isn't haggling for even more money then he's got no need to have his agent leak a "sources from inside villa park" type story

Just because the sun doesn't link him with a move away doesn't mean nobody else would want him

Who do you think leaks all the stories about links to other clubs?

The players agent, if gabby has no intention of leaving or isn't haggling for even more money then he's got no need to have his agent leak a "sources from inside villa park" type story

Just because the sun doesn't link him with a move away doesn't mean nobody else would want him

Of course he has no intention of leaving, he knows nobody wants a forward who cant score on 60k a week.  Clubs approach Agents by the way as well, this is when Agents leak stuff. 

Best thing for both the club and player to do is to go there separate ways. Gabby seems to have burnt out a bit and doesn't look hungry enough anymore, think he'll need a change of scenery to maybe kick start his career. As others have mentioned, however, it won't happen. It's admirable what he's doing, being a one club man, however surely it gets to the point, when season after season of failing to produce, that he's basically stealing from us in staying.

Half a chance Pulis would buy him, I do remember a random link to Stoke a while back. There's a few others who'd have him in the bottom half.

I don't think he's quite as out of favour as people think, he still started the majority of games he was fit last season although not making the cup final was a bit of a game change.

Still imo he's back up to Ayew in one of the wide forward roles so if he gets injured, he'll be in. I also think in a 4-4-2 he'll play wide and Ayew will be bumped up alongside the main striker.

Key here is this season he will be a squad player which really should've been his role over the past two seasons.

He's got 3 years left on his deal and amazingly he'll only be 31/32 when that ends! I honestly thought he was around that age now. If he's planning on being at Villa for the rest of his career then he's either going to retire pretty young or he'll after take a huge pay-cut come 2018. Given that he's 28 you would have thought that he'd have pushed on more and developed as a player. I'm not sure if he was just comfortable and coasting but now he has a real fight on his hands to even make the bench if Adebayor and Gestede are signing, with Ayew and Grealish now establishing himself, Gabby is way down the pecking order. He's still at an age where he should have something to offer, given his wages and lack of pulling up any trees the past few seasons he won't be easy to move on so I think our best hope is that all this new competition gives him a massive kick up the arse and forces him to step his game up to the sort of promising levels he was showing in his early 20's. If he really does want to end his career here, for the first time in a good few years he's going to seriously have to work for that outcome. I would love him to retire here but it's not going to be handed to him on a plate any longer.

He's got 3 years left on his deal and amazingly he'll only be 31/32 when that ends! I honestly thought he was around that age now. If he's planning on being at Villa for the rest of his career then he's either going to retire pretty young or he'll after take a huge pay-cut come 2018. Given that he's 28 you would have thought that he'd have pushed on more and developed as a player. I'm not sure if he was just comfortable and coasting but now he has a real fight on his hands to even make the bench if Adebayor and Gestede are signing, with Ayew and Grealish now establishing himself, Gabby is way down the pecking order. He's still at an age where he should have something to offer, given his wages and lack of pulling up any trees the past few seasons he won't be easy to move on so I think our best hope is that all this new competition gives him a massive kick up the arse and forces him to step his game up to the sort of promising levels he was showing in his early 20's. If he really does want to end his career here, for the first time in a good few years he's going to seriously have to work for that outcome. I would love him to retire here but it's not going to be handed to him on a plate any longer.

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3636521,00.html

lol

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~3636521,00.html

lol

Haha! "Maybe when I'm 36"  :crylaugh:

I'm hoping the influx of new attacking options will finally spur gabby back to something like his first few seasons.

He's not going to magic up additional skill or technique overnight but he may find some hunger and ambition again.

And Connor wickham is any better?

Constant rubbish on here about how we couldn't sell him and if we did he'd God for a couple of million and get nowhere near the wages he's on here

And yet every transfer wo do worse players than him move for big fees and big wages

He will step up to the plate or get forgotten.....I think Tim will just pick the team on merit and if that includes him fine if it doesn't he will languish.

The reaction from both parties will be according to his performances.....and that is how it should have been in the past.

...but that is not really his fault....he doesn't pick himself.....well not now....just joking with that.

Â